Author Topic: 1 month post-op  (Read 2584 times)

superrmaren

1 month post-op
« on: September 07, 2006, 06:01:10 pm »
it is exactly 1 month for me today...that is good i guess. i had a pretty large an removed. i just don't feel myself...the paralysis, the balance problems, etc. it is very hard-doing therapy, taking naps, just getting over the surgery of the eye weight, not being ableto do things independently...*sigh
the only pearl of wisdom i have -- it's getting me by better than "day by day" or any of that crap -- remember: "it could always be worse." !!!
xox
"the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

4.5cm tumor resected at Johns Hopkins in 2006.  Drs. Tamargo and Minor
numerous facial plastic surgeries
12-7 nerve graft 2008
platinum eye weight removed 2009
deaf right - BAHA
residual balance issues
severe dry

cinnamon

Re: 1 month post-op
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:04 pm »
You hang in there. I have been thinking about you and glad you are doing okay. It has been 7 weeks for me today. I too have facial paralysis and it is hard to feel like yourself. I am starting to get my endurance back and I wish my face would catch up. I am wearing a clear eye patch over my eye to keep the moisture in since my eye does not blink so I am curious how does it feel with the weight in your eye? My eye doctor has possibly recommended me for one so I am just curious. Again, glad you are doing well.

Lisa
2.0 cm tumor removed suboccipital on 07-20-06
Left side facial paralysis and deaf ear. Just now researching hearing aid after 6 years!

Survival Nate

• TravAddic
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:42:04 pm »
 ;D youll be ok im almost 2 years post, its slow but it gets better the balance youll learn. "it could always be worse." that is one of my mottos in life since I found the AN before it was "immortal till proven wrong" well i was proven wrong

NATE
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 09:38:38 pm by Nate the PC Tech »
at age 21yo
AN 5.05cm removed Feb 2005
Gamma Knifed July 2005
at age 31yo
AN regrowth @ 1.5cm - 2014
Pituitary Gland tumor 2mm
https://www.travaddic.com/

chrissmom

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:50:54 pm »
Maren,
Hang in there.  We're here and still thinking about you.  Chris is about 6 weeks out now.  The eye weight works great.  We put the lacrilube in every night but during the day he doesn't need anything.  His eye closes great and you can't even tell he had it done.  His face droops terribly but he doesn't complain or think about it.  He just goes off with his friends and doesn't care what anyone thinks about why he looks funny or walks funny.  He knows what he has been thru and how he couldn't walk at all at one point.  You're getting better...you just don't notice it.  At therapy. they are measuring Chris' progress to prove to him that he gets better all the time.