Author Topic: Drooling following Gamma Knife  (Read 5487 times)

jreggied

Drooling following Gamma Knife
« on: September 05, 2006, 07:24:07 am »
Am two years post Gamma Knife for a 2.1 x 1.8 x .8 AN.....have begun to experience drooling on my pillow....anyone had that?

Survival Nate

• TravAddic
Re: Drooling following Gamma Knife
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 07:27:48 am »
I have always done that after GK I have a numb patch on the right side of my month.
at age 21yo
AN 5.05cm removed Feb 2005
Gamma Knifed July 2005
at age 31yo
AN regrowth @ 1.5cm - 2014
Pituitary Gland tumor 2mm
https://www.travaddic.com/

ratthebrat

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 07:28:53 am »
I did not have gamma knife surgery, i actually had open head surgey and i too am experieneing since my surgery a wet pillow in the morning from drooling all night. don't know why. my doctor states nothing about my case is text book so i guess i am original. we all are in our own ways. do you know why we are drooling in our sleep. i have no numbness except at incision site on my head

mll

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:48:28 pm »
I had gamma knife three years ago and also have the drooling and sometimes don't even know its happening.

maria

jreggied

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:32:46 am »
I guess, come to think of it, I have noticed a very slight, almost not noticable, weakness around the edge of my mouth...same side as the drooling....perhaps there was minor involveme ;D ;Dnt with the facial nerve when the tumor shrunk/grew ever so slightly post gk ;

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 06:44:54 pm »
Try this one,  No gamma Knife, had the brain  surgery 2 years ago. My facial nerve was  affected, left with extreemly dry eye,very little moisture in the AN side nostril, and no sylivia on the AN side since the surgery. All of a sudden yesterday, sylivia started flowing out of the An side of my mouth. It was cioming so fast I could hardly swallow gfast enough to keep from drooling. It had a strange tast too/ it continued for most of the day and now has settled down a bit, but still lots of moisture.  WEIRD!!!  Won't bother with the doc's, they'll just shrug their shoulders.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Windsong

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:01:14 pm »
Hi Patti,

I think you should tell your docs.

If all of us stuck to speaking about new symptoms to the  boards how would they (the docs) ever know what goes on?

Hope all will be fine,
Windsong