Author Topic: Linda is in ICU  (Read 6219 times)

amylynn

Linda is in ICU
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:09:54 pm »
I am keeping my eye out for murrays husband.  I know she is in the ICU so keep those prayers  coming.  I have not heard anything yet.  They are right across the hall from me.  I am listening for him.  Will let you all know more when I hear. 
By the way, thank you all for your prayers,  My surgery was a huge success.   I am feeling a bit ruff right now but came through fine. I really overdid today in a car ride-how dumb!!!!!!
I will go rest and wait for info on Linda.
Amy
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Linda is in ICU
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
Hi Amy, glad to hear you're doing well -  keep it peaceful.   My prayers are with you and Linda.   God, I remember that night in ICU (wish I didn't!).  Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted.    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

flier58

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 06:32:15 am »
Hi Amylynn and Linda,
Keeping you both in my thoughts and now waiting for a great news from/about Linda.
Flier58

Obita

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 07:28:41 am »
Amylynn:

So good to hear from you!!  Yes, the car is no fun for a while.  The fact that you wanted to go in it is such good news.  It sure sounds like you are right on track.  Congrats Amylynn - you are now a "Postie".

Thank you so much for the update on Linda - when you see her please give her a hug from Kathy in Minnesota.

Hugs to you,  Kathy

PS:  Please give my well wishes to Stella and Scott too - tomorrow is their big day.
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:25:04 am »
Glad to hear from you Amylyn,
    WOW, going in the car already. That's great. My first ride was on the way home from the hospital, 7 days after surgery and wow what a ride it was. I remember thinking the whole way home, if I can just make it home without getting sick, I'm not getting in the car again for a while, mand I didn't until I had a 3 week check up. We had to go through a windy canyon to get home.  Hope you continue to feel stronger every day. Best wishes to Linda. Gald the scary part is behind you both.

Prayers and positive energy going out to HOUSE.  Stella & Scott too?  Sounds like the whole An is down at House.  So I would really like to see what the stats really are. 1 in 100,000????? seems like there are a lot of new diagnosis every day on the forum.

Hugs

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

matti

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 09:38:46 am »
Hi Amy - happy to hear you are doing well and welcome to the other side of AN ;D   

I had my surgery 8 years ago and when I look back, there are a few things that I'll never forget and one was the car ride home. Not fun!!!! I was like Patti and refused to get back in the car until it was time for my first check-up 2 weeks later.

Keeping you in my prayers!

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:37:06 am »
sending MAJOR huggles to you all!!!!!!!!!!!  On the road to wellness and posties, to boot! 

Amethyst (healing) huggles and hang in there! You're doing great!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denise

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 12:06:39 pm »
My first car ride was two - three wks after my surgery, I was in rehab and they let me out for a few hours to eat lunch with my sister and S/O.   I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

Good job being so brave!  Take Care!
Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines