Author Topic: Reluctantly scheduling a follow up CT scan  (Read 5076 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Reluctantly scheduling a follow up CT scan
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:23:55 pm »
Dear Everybody,

I must apologize to you for dropping off the earth in terms of making myself available to you since March. Sometimes other things get in the way (my Dad's health is failing and I am struggling to maintain a long distance relationship with him).

Anyway, I have put off scheduling a CT scan with and without contrast to follow-up on on the morbidity of what was "IRV" but now goes by the name "DEAD IRV". I am worried that the symptoms (facial relaxation on my left side , facial twitching beneath my left eye, on my nose, beneath my left corner of my moth and a loss of facial control underneath my left eye when I smile) all of which cause Demisay not to look like such a happy camper.

Give me strength people prayers are needed. Thanks!

Michael

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

v357139

Re: Reluctantly scheduling a follow up CT scan
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:15:30 am »
Good luck with it Mike.  I am no expert, but I thought I read that people sometimes get symptoms after radiation for a few months.  What does Sisti say?
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

MDemisay

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:17:49 am »
I  appreciate all the support, thank you.

Mike

P.S. I'll let you know when I know.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:37:15 pm »
Dear All,

It was not as Earth shattering as I thought! I took the contrast in was tested and am following the instructions drinking plenty of fluid afterwards!

Know I have to await word from the Docs.

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »
Don't be reluctant! Follow up on your CT scans! Today I got great news, 'Irv' shows signs of getting smaller. I can't believe that I waited sooooo. Long to find out. I feel like a jerk! But that will pass!

The moral of this story is do not put off for tomorrow what you can find out today!

Mike