Author Topic: 8 days post Trans Lab  (Read 4339 times)

sidecar Kathy

8 days post Trans Lab
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:45:56 pm »
Hey Y'all,
Well here I am 8 days post and doing really well.  Went yesterday (Thursday 3-21) on a few errands including getting my hair washed.  Great way to feel human again.  Today my hubby and our dog Scooter got me to walk around the neighborhood (3/4 mile distance).  Didn't think I would make the whole walk but I did. 

Last Thursday was my surgery and it lasted 6 hours long.  Had an MRI on Friday and doc said it looked clean.  Had some downs including lots of nausea and vomiting in recovery and in ICU.  Doctors and nurses were wonderful at Emory Hospital in Atlanta.  My AN sista came and spent the day with me Saturday to give my husband a break and get some much needed rest.  I so appreciate her doing that.  We are going to the symposium together. 

I've had a great supposrt system and I feel better everyday!!!!  Get my stitches out on Tuesday from back of my ear and tummy. 

I have another AN sista in the hospital.  She had surgery same day as me and was all ready to go home Tuesday and got a little leak.  Doctor in Atlanta automatically put you in a drain tube and I think other docs should do the same to stop from is happening.

xoxoxo, Kathy

kmr1969

Re: 8 days post Trans Lab
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:42 pm »
Kathy,

Glad to hear things are going well for you.  Don't forget to take it slow and easy to help ensure that your successful recovery continues.  It is hard to chill out when you feel well, but exercise caution.  No doubt you will have some days where you feel good and some days when you feel not as good.

Best wishes,

Ken
2.7 cm AN diagnosed June 2012
Translab completed November 2012 at House Clinic
SSD; numbness on face and in mouth, plus poor taste buds, but happy with how I am doing so far

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:55:16 am »
Great report, Kathy .....

It sounds like you are doing very, very well.  Take it easy in between the walking times and let your body heal.  Ken is right that you will have good days and not so good days during this early recovery time.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:04:55 pm »
Hi, Kathy ~

Thanks for that encouraging update!  I'm delighted to learn that your recovery is going so well.  As the previous posters have noted, you may have some days that are better than others but you should always 'listen to your body' and not risk a setback due to overexertion, as tempting as it can be (been there, done that).  Meanwhile, I trust your recovery will continue apace.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rjacks14

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:04:55 pm »
I have trans lab in a few weeks and am nervous it is encouraging to see your notes about the experience and Emory.  1.7 left side

kcarloy

• Translab 12/11/13 at House
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »
You sound like you are having a wonderful recovery! Keep up the walking! I am about a month further along than you and life is good! Karen