Author Topic: Brain Tumors and Fatigue - Brochure (pdf) offers way to counteract!  (Read 4798 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Hi all,

In my many years (too many to count) here on the forums, we see frequent discussions regarding fatigue.  It is known that any kind of brain tumor (benign or malignant) can bring on fatigue.  We have shared a terrific brochure for Brain Tumors and Fatigue written by Dr Peter Black and Nancy Conn-Levin.  Once again, I'd like to offer this up to those here that may find it a good read and helpful:

http://www.brainsciencefoundation.org/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Public/bt_and_fatigue.pdf

Many here over the years have found this helpful in the remedies it offers to help counteract fatigue. I hope you find it helpful as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jessafire

Re: Brain Tumors and Fatigue - Brochure (pdf) offers way to counteract!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 02:07:26 pm »
The link no longer works. Any way you could send it to me?

MarlaB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 03:35:17 pm »
Hi There..I've reached out to the BrainScience foundation to ask for an update. I'll keep you posted here.

Marla B.
Forum Moderator

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:23:58 am »
The link is still not working. I was glad to see this validation of fatigue and would like to read the article. I will try to search for it as well.
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still

donjehle

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 06:47:10 am »
Marla B is very active in the forums.  Hopefully, she can post an update from what she has learned from the BrainScience foundation (and maybe an active link) soon.  :)
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

donjehle

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 06:22:30 pm »
It looks like this might be a working link for this old document regarding Brain Tumors and Fatigue:

https://biak.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Brain-Tumors-and-Fatigue.pdf
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.