Author Topic: Headache treatment by Dr. Ducic and Dr. Maureen Moriarity  (Read 7102 times)

Mei Mei

1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Lesliegc

Re: Headache treatment by Dr. Ducic and Dr. Maureen Moriarity
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:58:13 pm »
This is awesome, Mei Mei, thank you for posting the link. I've been talking myself out of contacting Dr. Ducic about my headaches and surgical nerve excision or decompression for almost a year now, because I was sure I wouldn't be a candidate for his surgery, but after hearing his presentation I think I might actually be. Even if it doesn't end up working out, I feel hopeful and look forward to what he has to say. Worth watching, all you other post surgery headache sufferers!
4mmx9mm  right side
diagnosed 6/11/11
middle fossa  7/25/11 at HEI
developed chronic headaches at 5 months post op

loriemccrory

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »
Have your headaches gone away? 
If so, I will bring this up to my Kaiser Permanente doctor. 
I go for another MRI in two days. 

These headaches are constant.  I can only take Tylenol, and it takes about 45 minutes to lessen the pain for an hour at most. 
I am at a 8 most of the time, with fluctuations to a 10 (on a scale of 0 being the lowest and 10 putting me to tears).

Lorie
1.7 cm right side
Retro-Sigmoid by Dr. Tamargo and Dr. Chien at Johns Hopkins Baltimore
26 March, 2013
Debilitating head and neck pain a few weeks after surgery.

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:49:05 am »
I'm sorry you are in such pain.    A trip to see Drs Ducic and Moriarity is well worth the effort!

Let me know if I can help you more.
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Mei Mei

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 07:01:19 pm »
I'm sorry that I am not logging in  often and missing your posts.   I can't tell you how much help that these two can be for you.   Dr. Moriarity has changed to the Georgetown Satellite site up in Olney Md, about 20 miles north of the Georgetown University site..    They will both be at the Los Angeles Symposium  Aug 9 to 11.   Please try to go and meet with them at the break out sessions and the and the dinner sessions.

Most Sincerely,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

loriemccrory

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 08:47:30 am »
I have seen many neurologists with Kaiser - my insurance.  I am on Lyrica now, hopefully it will work to help reduce the headaches.  I only get a few hours of sleep at a time and get I get exhausted pretty quick.  My balance is way off and i feel drunk all of the time.  I am a typical type A person, this is so frustrating not being able to work and do things around the house.  I printed out the Dr. Dudic's page and am going to send it to my neurologist in DC., maybe I can get a referral.  I want to be normal again - afraid that wont happen, I cannot live on this disability income either.  I also have Vestibular Physical Therapy set for August 5th, hopefully I will get my balance back - maybe this drunk feeling is related to that.  One neurologist said that I may never get my taste back on the right side, that's a bummer and a small issue.  I have already lost 15 lbs.  I used to eat for pleasure - now I eat for nourishment only.  At almost 5'2", 15 lbs is 3 sizes.  I will start shakes if I get too thin. ;D  You have given me hope - something to look forward to, a heartfelt Thanks your way.  I am also going to do the different workouts - I am tired of being so weak.  I lifted a gallon filled 3/4 the way with tea, it was heavy!  I used to lift 50 lbs like it was nothing, so I have my work cut out for me - Come on P90 then P90X!  Well anyway - Thanks again for your help and response, it is appreciated.
Lorie

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 09:14:12 am »
Hi Lorie,
I was on Lyr.ica and boy, did it make me feel drunk!  Also, if you could post the date and approach of your surgery, you may be able to get more responses.  Big difference in having headaches a few months post-op and a year post-op.  You can do this by editing your profile.
Best wishes,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW