Author Topic: Celebrity AN update  (Read 2825 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Celebrity AN update
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:04:36 am »
Ok,I know this isn't People magazine, but it is interesting.  I know we've all talked about how one of the members of the singing group TLC (stage name: T-Boz) had a really large AN removed a while back.  Well, on the TLC channel she's had a little mini reality show called totally T-Boz.  Long story short, she trying to make a comeback, but the part that interested in me was she had to get an MRI and make sure all was still good.  The last episode (of the series I think) was just on this last week, and it had the camera crew go with her to House in Los Angeles and Dr. Friedman was there telling her the good news that no new AN was popping up.  It was interesting to see the building again and those exam rooms.  I didn't have Dr. Friedman so I didn't recognize him.  But I thought it was interesting to let you all know that this thing in our head does make the news.  OH, while I am on the subject, it was also a subject of interest on the she Grey's Anatomy this past week as well.  One of the surgeons on there had an AN case, and they were all talking about the risks of it, including lose of hearing, facial paralysis, and possibly even (shudder) DEATH!  I didn't catch if they mentioned how big this was on the "patient" but in one dramatic moment the doctor came in and told the patient that they had to act and act now because the tumor had progressed and they shouldn't wait anymore.  SO, if you are new and saw this show and your tumor is smaller than the size of a grapefruit, it really isn't that life threatening.  As Jan mentioned somewhere, the biggest that we've all seen on this forum is like close to 8cm.  Undiagnosed these will pretty much ruin your life, but if you are here reading this, that isn't the case! :)  Anyways, just thought you all would like to know! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Celebrity AN update
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:13:05 pm »
Dear Jaylogs,

Thank you for your input. While it does seem very interesting to me and I'm happy that T~Boz's AN is unchanged in size and that she is being seen at House. I do not think that they gave a good story line with the AN story line on Grey's. They treated it too peripherally and didn't get into the story enough.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: Celebrity AN update
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:27:55 pm »
Enquiring minds need to know!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.