Author Topic: 18 Months Post-SFR MRI  (Read 1611 times)

Taiwan Jesse

18 Months Post-SFR MRI
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:33:53 am »
My AN journey began in April 2011 when an MRI discovered a 3cm tumor. The only symptom I had was a weird popping sound in the right ear. Without considering surgery very seriously, I had 30 sessions of SFR over 6 weeks, and two months after that began to experience discomfort from swelling that lasted on and off for the next eight months. At that time a large cyst developed right next to the tumor. It was a difficult time and I sometimes doubted whether I had made the right choice of treatment, but my doctor never lost confidence. Over this summer I slowly began to feel better, and thankfully a recent MRI brought the news I was praying for. The cyst has gone and the tumor has shrunk a little. I want to thank everyone on the forum for their support and goodwill. I will be keeping an eye on the forum and sending my warm thoughts to all my fellow AN'ers.         

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 18 Months Post-SFR MRI
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:59:32 pm »
Jesse ~

Congratulations! We appreciate you taking the time to let us share in the good news about your shrinking AN.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.