Author Topic: 'Finally' had BAHA surgery  (Read 4311 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
'Finally' had BAHA surgery
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:23:17 pm »
Well, I finally had the BAHA surgery this week Tuesday 10/2 for the Cochlear BP100.

Now,  this waiting for the osseointegration phase is gonna make me feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.  My "Gotcha" date is December 19th, so an early Christmas gift  :D  Actually, due to this date and $$$ due, Christmas presents will be much more limited.  Oh well, my family is as excited for me to get this as I am  ;D
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 'Finally' had BAHA surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »
Denise ~

Christmas and presents come and go but improved hearing is a gift you'll enjoy every day starting December 19th.  I'm pleased to learn that your family can appreciate that. 

Only 74 days to go...but who's counting?  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

millie

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:07:32 am »
I have heard BAHA's are wonderful and although the hearing is different, it is greatly improved.  Phonaks too.  Enjoy your new gift!  Millie

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:40:38 am »
My BAHA was one of the best gifts I ever gave myself.

Once all your bandages are taken off - rub your finger very gently over your abutment and you'll actually hear the sound of your fingertip.

A little preview of better things to come  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:13 pm »
Thanks Jim....I actually didn't start 'counting', yet ;)

Jan....while the nurse changed my pad/dressing thing this week she hit the abutment with some tweezers....Wowza, could I ever hear that ;)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI