Author Topic: New Phonak CROS or BAHA????  (Read 55798 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: New Phonak CROS or BAHA????
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:54 pm »
I thought I had updated status here, but don't see it.

Anyways after "trying"my 2nd CROS device I hadn't gotten any better results and wasn't overly happy with it.   B U T, I did get to try the Cochlear BAHA on a soft headnand and was very happy with the results!  It actually was the BAHA Power (BP 110) .  I was told they used the Power because it would get better results on the headband.  My actual device though will be the BP100, supposedly because my hearing on my good ear is perfect.  They said once it ossinegrates into the bone the conduction & sound should be good for my needs.

SO, I had my surgery Tuesday of this week, Oct 2nd and my 'Gotcha' date is Dec 19th, just in time for Christmas!! :•) Yeah!!

W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »
Congratulations, Denise!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2012, 11:45:46 am »
Thanks Jim!!

Now I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas :) since my Gotcha day is Dec 19th! 
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Lily

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2012, 04:29:12 pm »
Phonak CROS... is terrific.  I have had mine now for a couple of months.  Right from the first day, I found it amazing to hear from my deaf side.  I was in a restaurant and a friend was 4 tables down on my deaf side and I could hear what she was saying, it was amazing!  I also find it very helpful at work.  Sometimes at work it can get really busy with a lot of clients in at one time, which makes for a very noisy environment.  The CROS seems to allow me to focus on the one conversation I am in and not just jumble up all the noise around, even though it is still there.  They were really easy to get used to as well.  The only very small down side, is that the batteries don't last very long.  They only last a few days.  Because of this, I take them out when I am at home, as I can hear conversations fine without them, when it is only one thing at at time.  I would highly recommend them to anyone with SSD. :) :) :)

cindyj

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2012, 11:27:00 am »
One of the members in our Atl support group last weekend shared her experience with the Phonak Cros which she just got a few months ago - she loves it!  Had nothing but good things to say about it - was a good "show and tell" moment for all of us ;D    Hers was even covered by her BCBS insurance (she works for the Fed gov).  Another member is getting his this week...

I'm still considering it, just not quite ready to spend the money (my BCBS does not cover it :-[)

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings