Author Topic: eye irratation 2 weeks after surgery  (Read 3032 times)

susierg

eye irratation 2 weeks after surgery
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:04:00 pm »
Two weeks after surgery, I developed some facial paralysis.  Docs say that it is temporary and have me on heavy doses of steroids for two weeks.  I told them that my eye has been dry and irritated for several days.  They prescribed Natural Tears and and ointment to put on at bedtime.  The drops do nothing.  They ointment makes it feel better, but I can't see because of the film over my eye.  I had a huge black eye after surgery that my Doc says was caused from the Nerve monitor (not sure if he hit me with it or what, ha).  Don't know if the eye problem is related to that or not.  My eye closes completely, so I don't think the irritation is from that.  Ha anyone else come across this problem?  Been thinking about going to see my eye doctor if things don't improve by end of week.
4mm AN diagnosed 8/2007.  Watch and wait for 5 years.  5/2012 grew to 7x4x4.
Mid Fossa 7/2012 at MD Anderson, Houston,Tx
SSD but still hoping it will return.

It is what it is

Re: eye irratation 2 weeks after surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »
Hi,  I also have increased problems with dry eye on the AN side, but I thought that was a normal side effect that could happen after this type of surgery?  A gel at night helps me as well.  Since it is difficult to see through the film, I only use it when I'm ready to sleep and use drops during the day if needed.  I had a bruise on my forehead after surgery from the monitor and I also thought that was normal?  It'll be helpful to hear from others.  My thoughts are with you.

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.