Author Topic: 4 mos post CK treatment MRI/Follow up  (Read 6402 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
4 mos post CK treatment MRI/Follow up
« on: August 15, 2006, 06:25:49 am »
First, let me thank everyone that have been calling and inquiring about my upcoming appt, which was yesterday.... so, here goes! :)

Well, I got my answers and all positive! :)

Well, all in all, it was prelim good.

Tumor is at same size (or possibly 1mm smaller, based on +/-2mm for MRI's), which is great. It doesn't look like its growing (since it was growing at a good clip from last May until Apri's treatment, so we may have stunted it's growth).  No sign of tumor death yet as it's still too soon. No more indication of brain swelling so the meds worked.  So, I go back in Feb for hearing test (last test was 2 wks ago, only lost another 10-15 db and hearing is still reasonably good!), MRI and next appt.  So, I'm taking today as prelim good.  No indication of further growth. It was growing at a good pace, so I'll take this news.

Yesterday, they were very pleased with what they saw on the MRI (all walked in smiling).  Granted it's only 4 months out. I did ask about my slow rebound and it really does stem to "individual results may vary", plus... my chiari may also be bringing on some symptoms. (they took a close look at it on the MRI as well).  No cyst growth with the Chiari but tonsils definately feeling pressure.  I asked about the 30 Gy and those noting to me their concern... but, I have to say that now, when I sit back and see that all critical structures look great on the MRI (ie: brainstem, trigeminal, etc), I now understand and accept mentally why they did. They played it safe by fractioning out by 2 more days than other CK to keep all structures safe as possible.  Now that I sit back and rethink the 30 Gy and what they shared with me yesterday, I am now totally understanding the approach and do not question it.  And if by seeing yesterday that the booger (thanks Mark for the term!) that there has been no further growth, no further swelling, everything on track, then, you know what.... I'm so fine with it! 

I'm actually smiling today knowing the outcome of the appt.  No more growth spotted and I'm on track for the CK process. I'll take it! :)

I'm still a firm believer in what I have done and after yesterday's appt, I feel even better about it. Tickled with my outcome thus far, even if it's only been 4 mos.  The next appt is next Feb so that will be key... hoping to see necrosis then.  Appt booked 2 days before bday... hoping I get the bday present I want!

shhhhhhhhhhhh... elopement plans still on track... got my dress, ordered flowers, rings all set, just need to get the Cheeky Bloke here.  Oct 7 should be a great day all the way around!  shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

xoxoxooxox to you all and I apologize for not logging back on sooner. Life has been VERY stressful for me lately with numerous issues, but know you are ALL thought of daily.  BTW, told they docs yesterday about "wonky" head (Thanks Captn Deb!) and reminded them of the symposium next year... I know of 2 in the appt that are planning on being there... told them to watch out for the crew of the PBW!!!!!!! :)

So, there it is for now.... my manta lives on.. day by day, inch by inch. 

xoxoxox
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sheryl

Re: 4 mos post CK treatment MRI/Follow up
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:08:04 am »
 ;D  WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!!
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

marystro

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:57:59 am »
Way to go, Phyl!  What a trooper!!!  I've been waiting for your positive report which I knew would be great!  Now get busy with that important date in October  ;D !!!!  We all love you  ;D :D ;) 8)

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

SuzeAN

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 11:09:55 am »
GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Suzan
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

jamie

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 04:13:49 pm »
Excellent news Phyl! Glad to hear things are looking up, may they continue to look all the way up! :)
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

shoegirl

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 09:38:21 pm »
Aloha Phyl!

Congratulations!  Wonderful news!!!!  Happy to hear some positive news!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Been searching for your Peaberry Coffee! 

HAPPY DAY!  YEAH!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 05:17:44 am »
thanks all.. it has been.. .and continues to be... the support of you all that helps to carry me through.  I really appreciate it.

Shoegirl, no worries on the Peaberry!  Enjoy the Aloha State for me... I'm soooooooooooo jealous!

xoxoxo to you all for continued love and support.

me :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jcinma

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 05:59:32 pm »
Mazel Tov!!  Great news!
Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 11:46:16 am »
Thanks Jane!  So far, so good. Got the official report... the +/-2mm is throwing the dimensions off a bit but still about the same size, maybeeeeeeeeeeeee minutely smaller, but tough to say. I want to see the infamous "black line" of necrosis.. THEN, we party! :)

xo to you all!

Mazel Tov!!  Great news!
Jane

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 12:48:14 pm »
Hooray!!  I'd make this in large red type, but I can't make it do that!!

I think I go in Feb too.  Yay, again.

vANcouver Sue
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 12:54:43 pm by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

okiesandy

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 06:01:12 pm »
Phyl,

I haven't been on here in a while. So I sorta missed out on you celebration. yea!! Please share with Dr. Medbery. He loves those CK good out comes.

Will have to go back over a lot of posts to catch up. See I told you all there is a life after AN. I forget about it a lot now.

Hugs and blessings

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 05:42:49 am »
Sue, thank you hun. Capt'n Deb can share how to do those large red thangies... .but, the sentiments are SOOOOOOO appreciated!

Sandy, gawd, you have been missed.  Dr. M has the update on the CK board and he's also following along.  He also noted that he can't attend the Symposium next year but is making sure someone from his group does, as we stressed the importance of CK representation at the Symposium.  Also noted it to BI and they are also pondering it... now, some of us will be there and hoping others here will go as well.  Even in all of our Pirate wears, we rally together... just as you all have done for me! :)  Hoping you are getting some riding in....I'm ready for a good ride myself!  And yes... life does move along!

xoxoxo to you both... and to you all! I couldn't handle this journey if it wasn't for you all... warped as you all are (and you can't use Dr's notes for excuses!), you all ARE the strength and support that help me get through this... and I can't thank you enough! :)

xo
Phyl

FranDS

• 7mm; diag May 2, 2006
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 08:25:42 pm »
Phyl, wonderful news!  Can't wait to hear the next set of results in Fe - but for now live, love, and get your beautiful self ready for Oct 7.  Warmest wishes!
Fran
7mm May 2, 2006
Waiting and Watching