Author Topic: Dr. Sisti and Dr. Isaacson  (Read 2745 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Dr. Sisti and Dr. Isaacson
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:45:48 am »

I couldn't give these two Doctors any higher recommendation in my book they work at NY Presbyterian Hospital and they specialize in Gamma Knife Treatment they both are so good they have been in business for over 20 years together If you are considering Gamma Knife look up these two. They had me in and out in a flash (40 minutes) June 11th and I have no side effects 8 days out. I must mention that my vestibular nerve was previously cut and that Dr. Sisti cut my hearing nerve as well in 2004. The goal at the time of surgery was to preserve my facial nerve, this was done well I might add!

Dr.Sisti is a professional and treated me with dignity and respect and what's even more important didn't talk down to me. His bedside manner was superb!

Thank you  to Dr. Sisti

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Dr. Sisti and Dr. Isaacson
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:40:35 pm »
Dear fellow ANers,

It is not my intent to advertise here. I'm just telling you that it would be in your best interest to give Dr.Sisti as a neurosurgeon and Dr. Isaacson a call if you need a surgeon and an oncologist. Although, I did quite a bit of research in 2004 (13 neurosurgeons and 1 radiooncologist)  some from out of State and I reinterviewed 3 of them when I needed Gamma Knife. I must tell you that I received no pressure from Dr. Sisti!

Dr. Kondzulka and Dr. Golfinos ( the other 2 interviewees) both asked me what was I waiting for to radiate with the Gamma Knife? In January, I was scared in June I was confident that I was going with the right team for me.

Go forward with confidence make the choice that's right for you but consider all the possibilities ie..travel, follow up,reputation, recommendations, and treating hospitals reputation.

The knowledge that I have helped another ANer to make a decision is enough satisfaction for me, I need no other motivation.

Even if after all this what is in your gut is not Dr. Sisti nor NY Presbyterian, I've offered my best advice.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!