Author Topic: surgery @UCSF?  (Read 2992 times)

sharone143

surgery @UCSF?
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:41:20 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has seen or had surgery done by Dr Cheung or any other ENT at UCSF?   If so, would like to hear your experiences.
Also, If anyone can recommend an ENT is SF bay area for AN.   I am looking into other referrals to get as many opinions as I can.  I've already sent my MRI disc to HEI and waiting for their call.

Thanks for your time and info.

SD

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: surgery @UCSF?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:55:18 am »
SD

Stanford is the place to be, from my understanding... for all aspects of AN care, if you are up in the Bay area.  Offering all aspects of AN treatments and teams.  Many here can attest to Stanford.  If you go to the forum home page... then do a "search" option for "Stanford", you will see the endless discussions over the years regarding Stanford.

I also referenced a dear friend for non-AN to Stanford for a major medical ailment a few years ago... and she was very greatful for the referral. She's doing well now.

Best wishes!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:53:28 am »
SD,

Though my surgery was at Kaiser in Fremont, Dr Steven Cheung was one of my surgeons. It was because of Kaiser's association with UCSF Dept of Otolaryngology that made me feel this was the team for me. He's a wonderful Dr. My experience was all positive. He still calls me every now & then to see how I'm doing.

Send me a PM if want to know more.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

sunfish

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »
I have a good friend, who was a nurse at UCSF.  She said UCSF nevers gets the positive press that Stanford does, but that UCSF is an absolutely top-notch facility.  She told me (after I'd already done CK here) that she would not hesitate to take her family there for any condition.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC