Author Topic: Has anyone had experience with Dr Jackler or Dr Lustig?  (Read 3017 times)

sharone143

Has anyone had experience with Dr Jackler or Dr Lustig?
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:09:41 am »
Hi,

I am new to the forum and recently seen Dr Jackler who recommended middle fossa surgery since I am young, tumor is 9x6mm and hearing is good.  My symptoms seem to be getting worse the past couple of months~ tinnitus, off balance-ness, facial tingling and mild 1 second headaches.
I will be getting another consult in June with Dr Lustig at UCSF.  I do want the tumor out so I won't have to think about it for the rest of my life but am afraid of the outcome and side effects.  I have been reading a lot of these comments on this forum and want to make the best possible decision.
If anyone can share their experience with me or recommend other SF area ENT's for further opionion I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
SD

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: Has anyone had experience with Dr Jackler or Dr Lustig?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:27:17 am »
SD

I saw Dr Jackler about two years ago.  My doctor sent me to him for a consult.  I can only give you what I experienced.  He is outstanding in his field.  He also is the head of the department and teaches at Stanford as well.  If my insurance would have paid for my CK at Stanford I would have continued to see him.

He was right on where my AN was and was very concerned about hearing loss.  As said I did not have surgery with him but In my opinion he is excellent!

TJ

heyct

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:02:16 pm »
Hi SD,
I PM'd a lengthy response to you this am, but do not see it. Did you receive it?

Tried to PM another confirmation, it states your INBOX is full. Let me know when to try again.

Carolyn
Diagnosed 2/09
9 x 6mm
Translab Surgery: 5/20/09, Stanford..it was a Hemangioma!
Almost complete removal, will have to do update MRIs.
BAHA Ponto Pro 5/9/11

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:47:05 am »
Dr Jackler is top notch as noted by his reputation in AN treatments... and I say this even when he did not treat me. I know many over the years treated by Dr. Jackler and would suggest doing a "search" option from the forum home pages so you can see many that have referenced him with the "search results".

Top notch!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"