Author Topic: Baha insurance denial  (Read 27446 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Baha insurance denial
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 12:05:59 pm »
@ James E--what does your comment mean?

I realize your question was directed to james e. and James can and will speak for himself of course but I assumed his use of the phrase "squeaky wheel" was simply an abbreviated version of the metaphor "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" - meaning that if you keep asking, you'll eventually get what you want.  In your case, insurance company approval for your BAHA.  Again, congratulations!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49:26 pm »
James is right.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Insurance companies hope that by giving insureds a hard time it will discourage them from pursuing a coverage request.

The more people who withdraw their request, the more money the insurance company gets to keep in it's pocket.

Congrats, Kixit!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 04:53:10 am »
That is what I meant. Way to go girl! You will really enjoy your BAHA. Congrats! When are you going to have the surgery

James

kixit

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 09:26:55 pm »
Thanks peeps! I got the "official" letter on Monday (7/2) that my appeal was approved. Me being the one to look ahead,  called Anthem today to double check. I wanted to make sure the processor WAS included in the approval and it was. I want no surprises going into this--I have to sign a standard waiver> if the insurance doesn't pay I have to.

I was very greatful to the person on the phone. She was the one that actually reviewed my case. I told her what it meant to me to being approved to receive the Baha. I must have thanked her 50 times!

I can't wait to "hea"r from both sides again  8)
left side AN 9mm diagnosed 2/2012
SSD, loud tinnitis left ear
Translab 5/24/12
Baha surgery 8/1/2012 at UVA
Baha hook up 11/09/2012  : ) 

I am a happy camper : )