Author Topic: cost of Phonak hearing aid  (Read 114799 times)

fredbillie

Re: cost of Phonak hearing aid
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 12:47:34 am »
where did you guys get the cros hearing aid? I live in LA, did anyone get it here? Im looking for a cheap place. If possible, i want to spend no more than 2,000.

$2000 for just the Cros? Way... too much. One Audiologist quoted $1000 the other which I am going with Quoted $800!

JeanneR

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2014, 09:20:31 pm »
I saw an audiologist today and  decided to do a trial of the Phonak Cros.-Bolero Q70 M13.  Cost is $3215.   
I go back on the 16th to get it.   

My audiologist said that it's not possible to mask tinnitus with a CROS  hearing device.  Masking tinnitus at night was one of my prime goals.  :(

Cros will not restore directional hearing.   I will hear the sound but will not know where it is coming from.   

The color choices were weird.  Nothing neutral/skin colored.   All the finishes were metallic. 

She said they require frequent  battery changes,  needing a new battery every 2-3 days.   She said that some people turn off the transmitter unit at home, when it's not needed  to conserve battery life.     

I had given myself  a pep talk to be open to what they had to offer.  I will try to be objective when i get them to try on the 16th. 
Just disappointed in the choices for those of us  with intracochlear schwannomas. 

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2014, 10:59:39 pm »

My audiologist said that it's not possible to mask tinnitus with a CROS  hearing device. 

True.

I've had mine for two years. Does nothing for my tinnitus.

Cros will not restore directional hearing.   I will hear the sound but will not know where it is coming from.   

Also true.

I rarely have people talking to me from behind so it's not an issue.

The color choices were weird.  Nothing neutral/skin colored.   All the finishes were metallic. 

According to Phonak's website they come in traditional beige. My Audeos are that color. Seems to be as close as you get to flesh colored.

Here's the page with the color options.

http://www.phonak.com/us/b2c/en/products/hearing_instruments/bolero-q/hearing-aid/styles-m312.html

She said they require frequent  battery changes,  needing a new battery every 2-3 days.   She said that some people turn off the transmitter unit at home, when it's not needed  to conserve battery life.     

Both true.

The M13 takes a size 13 battery. You can get good deals on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hearing%20aid%20batteries%20size%2013&sprefix=hearing+aid+batteri%2Caps%2C226

I've been using Power One batteries for 2 years. There's no reason to spend more on Duracell. ICellTech is cheaper but the reviews don't seem to be as good as Power One.

You can also get your wax traps and domes on Amazon.

Although for the price you are paying, you oughta be able to get your vendor to throw in a good supply of batteries, wax traps, and domes.

Bottom line, there are no perfect hearing aids. I think the Bolero is a more recent technology than my Audeo, so you might have better results in noisy environments.

I suggest you consider buying the MyPilot remote control or talk your vendor into sweetening the deal by including it.

http://www.phonak.com/com/b2c/en/products/wireless-accessories/products/mypilot/hearing-aid-accessory.html

There's a search feature at the top right of this page. Type in mypilot and several discussions about it will reveal themselves.

Feel free to post again if you have more questions.
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

JeanneR

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 06:20:29 pm »
Hi,  Me again.   

I  got the Phonak  Bolero/cros  aids today.   I don't know if my expectations were too high or  what?   There have been so many people in here that seem to like theirs.  I was expecting similar  results.   

Issues:
1.  Thing that goes in the AN ear is not comfortable.  The ear already has  a plugged/pressure feeling.  Adding to this is not plesant.
2.  My voice sounds both tinny and rain barrel like.   I need to be able to use this in choir.   I was disappointed to be told that "most singers  don't use them when they sing.   :(     Why wasn't that mentioned  beforehand.
3.  The brochures and website said they mask background noise.   I'm hoping this is  a feature that still needs to be turned on.
4,  Tinnitus is still there at the same volume.   
5. Headache since early afternoon. 

Benefits:
1.  Turned the volume down on the TV. 
2.  Birds sing louder  ::)

Trying to be patient.   

Apple72

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2015, 09:29:42 pm »
I was googling about the phonak Cros and came across this forum and I saw someone asking about the price. I live in New York but ordered my hearing aids from www.hearfine.com in Canada. Phonak Audeo Q70= $1,250 and the CROS was $850. Included pre-programming to my loss, warranty, loss and damage, and support.  Like JeanneR and others said - it does not nothing for tinnitus or directionality.

EugenijusA

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2017, 09:06:42 am »

EricC

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2017, 02:08:08 pm »
Lee & others, thanks for the info here & on other threads!!  I wanted the baha so bad, but insurance don't want to help.  What we'd pay for the New CROS is basically the same as what 20% of baha is after insurance (for those who have it).

I would double check this.  Most insurance companies cover BAHA.  Often you can get someone at Cochlear or Oticon to help you navigate the insurance.  I paid my out of pocket maximum for my Ponto ($2000).  Upgrades will be 15% of the cost (~600)
4.6 x 3.4 x 2.9 mm (2017)
4.3 x 2.4x 2.5 mm (2016)
3.9 x 2.1 x 2.5 mm (2015)