Author Topic: Wonky head because of preserved branch of vestibularis?  (Read 16153 times)

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Wonky head because of preserved branch of vestibularis?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 12:32:27 am »
I had exactly that problem. I had radiation in 2004. My vestibular nerve was basically short circuiting. My wonky head was because I was constantly fighting for a new normal but could never find it. I had surgery in 2009 for the regrowing tumor and saw an immediate improvement in a lack of "wonkiness". Not perfect but definitely better.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

ANGuy

Re: Wonky head because of preserved branch of vestibularis?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 07:31:49 am »
::)  Hello everyone, I am Kelly and I am just today finding out I will be having a Vestibular Nerve Section of the right ear/brain.  I suffer from a very rare/severe case of Meineres of the right ear.  Everything has been done and nothing has helped.  I am 3 months next week of 24/7 spinning and I am exhausted.  Can someone please tell me how long this surgery takes?  I have to fill my husband in on this news when he gets home from work today.  I haven't worked since Nov. 18 due to this and we have been thru alot.  So I want to explain as much as I can to him.  I haven't driven a car, so i depend on others to take me to appointments so my husband can go to work everyday!  Thank you so much!

Can't they just kill the vestibular function with a gentamycin injection through your eardrum?
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.