Author Topic: Any one had Dr Slattery at HEI?  (Read 3599 times)

alabamajane

Any one had Dr Slattery at HEI?
« on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:06 pm »
I have consulted over the phone with Dr Slattery at HEI. .. as he was the one that called after I sent in MRI for consult. He seems very knowledgeable and likeable.. suggests surgery ..after a few years of W&W.. I would just have to travel from Alabama and it seems daunting. I see from the forum though that many of you have traveled successfully.. our support group leader even went out there from here several years ago.. thanks for input, it is always welcome..
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Cheryl R

Re: Any one had Dr Slattery at HEI?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 02:50:03 pm »
I do not go to HEI but Dr Slattery is the one who gives the sessions on NF2 at the AN symposiums and I have now been to 5 of them and for 4 NF2 sessions so he knows me by sight now.      Very nice and have have asked him questions on the side every time and been very good in providing answers.    If I ever had to go to HEI, I would ask for him.           So far have had a very good neurotologist at the Univ of Iowa.               Good luck in what ever you do.
                                            Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

alabamajane

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:48:11 pm »
thanks Cheryl.. he is very informative and helpful on the phone, we have spoken twice. He has given me more info than  my "local" Dr.. I like him over the phone!
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

ksiwek

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »
I did go to HEI, but had Dr Friedman.  However, I had the opportunity to meet Dr Slattery at the ANA Symposium, and personality wise he was fantastic.  We had never met before, but he was so genuine.  We ended up talking for 20 minutes about my case and ANs in general.  While in LA, I met a couple of his patients recovering at Seton Hall...they were big fans  ;D  Good luck!

Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

newuser678

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:20:29 am »
Hello, Dr Slattery is my dr/surgeon at HEI.  He's the best!  People go to him from all over the world for they're AN, he is also a facial nerve yoda as well.  He's patient and treats you like you are is only patient.  You can look at his information on the HEI webpage and his resume is there as well.  But, people see him to fix what others doctors messed up with an AN surgery...other doctors mentioned here are great too...  But I have nothing but great things to say about him.