Author Topic: Has Anyone Filed For Disability  (Read 14400 times)

cin605

Re: Has Anyone Filed For Disability
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:08 am »
Congrats!It doesn't pay much but its alot better then nothing....i had to live on $300 a month for about 8 months....It was tough..Thank God for family and friends.My family threw me a party and everyone chipped in some thing weather it was shampoo..tp..or mac n cheese it helped so much and was very touching to know that they have my back.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »
You are blessed, Cindy with a good family and friends.   Keep that in mind when the chips are down, they are there for you!
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »
Congrats!It doesn't pay much but its alot better then nothing....i had to live on $300 a month for about 8 months....It was tough..Thank God for family and friends.My family threw me a party and everyone chipped in some thing weather it was shampoo..tp..or mac n cheese it helped so much and was very touching to know that they have my back.

Cindy are you actually working now?  I know you too have been suffering with pain issues, etc.  So awesome sounding what your family & friends did for you!  Hopefully they are still there for you!!

Denise (MI)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Mei Mei

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
They say that people with family and friends live longer than the rest of us.
Hugs to you,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

cin605

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »
No..I have not worked since my surgery..I owned my own cleaning bussines and had to give my accounts away....Filed for disability...1 year later ...sent all documents from hopital...exactly play by play through the whole 12 hour surgery...Vestub rehab reports..35 percent working...mris...xrays..counselors notes.Approved 8 weeks later.
43yrs old

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 03:27:40 pm »
Glad to hear it Cindy, I know from many of your posts you too have suffered with pain & emotional issues.   Since you are younger like me, (just 40), did they say anything about reevaluation or is yours permanent?  I was told I may have review in a year or 2 and go from there.   I will be able to get Medicare next April and want to see about getting a BAHA, since my regular insurance won't cover it.

PM me if you prefer!!
Denise
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side

cin605

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 09:59:22 am »
It has been two years and i have not been contacted for a review.I have permanent disability....i also have been through the mill so to speak w/ Drs....test..mris...sacral cranial theraph..my facial release.vetub rehab for the third time...triggerpoint injections...a nerve ablaision.eye drs...ents..hearing test.ENt told me point blank you are not going to get better,in factas you get old you may get worse...becouse of the vestub. issues,sensory overload panic attacks.
So..i am taking a break from all the Drs....I see my primary care when i have an issue.everyone else was just shuffleing me around trying ther hardest to fix me.
So..i walk dialey and try to up keep my place as much as i can ,laundry,grocery shopping(I hate)
i have a 16 year old son and he helps also.
It took along time to realize this is the new me...My fiance could not deal w/ it and we split.
11 years into a relatinship..
Here it is in a nutshell.
So if they decide to review me..it is what it is.
43yrs old

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 07:22:28 pm »
Cin
I think I will send you a pm here when I get a chance.   My situation sounds so similar to yours, overall!    The one thing the judge said to me is "I sure hope this can give you more options for better treatment"  She referred to insurance, now I think social security disability is referred to like an insurance, but maybe she meant when/if Medicare kicks in some day...??     She was told that I was to do an inpatient thing at a Big headache & pain clinic, but my insurance kept denying it.  Plus my insurance keeps denying and BAHA or other hearing device and my pain is increased when turning my head or body a lot to try to hear out of my not deaf ear.   

Later,  and thanks again!
Denise (MI)