Author Topic: Headcount of Forumites attending Cinci Symposium  (Read 49562 times)

Kathy M

• Kathy
Re: Headcount of Forumites attending Cinci Symposium
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 06:46:22 pm »
And...my husband Steve can come too! We are coming Friday.....gotta work and we only have a 2 hour drive. Can't wait to meet you guys! 
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:18 pm »
Kathy, will be great to meet Steve too! :)

Spoke to ANA office and they are trying to plan a separate "ANA Forumites" time for us to do our own "Meet/Greet/Mingle" activity.  Details forthcoming.  ANA is monitoring this thread for headcount.  Informed them that some may be posting on FB (I don't access FB) that may also be forumites here but not posted to this thread.....

Attending:
ppearl214/Phyl
CherylR/spouse
CHD63/Clarice and Truman
ksiwek/Kris and husband
Barb909/Barb
deheisel11
kraynok2/Sandy and husband
TimB/wife(?)
MeiMei
KathyM/Steve
GMan(?)
ombrerose4/husband
CNY/Greg
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 09:00:49 pm »
DonnaLynn~
We will just have to chat the whole weekend on the phone...  :-[  What will they do without us?? ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 09:16:35 pm »
You will be missed at the symposium and will be hard to have someone take your place!             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

TaylorsMom

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »
Hi all,

I'm sad to say we cannot come this time.  I have truly enjoyed the last 2 and everyones love and encouragement meant so much.  Taylor (Ashley) is doing well.  She finished the spring semester at SIU-E and is halfway through nursing school; 2 years to go.  He surgeries didn't give her the smile we had hoped for but the symetry is great at rest. 

I'll miss seeing you all again and hope to make the next one.  Sorry Phyl.  I know the bad girls club just won't be the same.  LOL

Kathy

PS..The new picture is just a week old. 

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 03:51:33 am »
Hi all,

I'm sad to say we cannot come this time.  I have truly enjoyed the last 2 and everyones love and encouragement meant so much.  Taylor (Ashley) is doing well.  She finished the spring semester at SIU-E and is halfway through nursing school; 2 years to go.  He surgeries didn't give her the smile we had hoped for but the symetry is great at rest.  

I'll miss seeing you all again and hope to make the next one.  Sorry Phyl.  I know the bad girls club just won't be the same.  LOL

Kathy

PS..The new picture is just a week old.  

Kathy

The pic looks great! Look at you 2!  And yes..... I was really hoping to have a lovely reunion of the "bad girls club".... you have NO idea!  :'(  But, truly understand!  It won't be the same without you and Ash........ will do some Piratitude for you both!  MAJOR kudos to Ash for her schooling! She's going to make a fantastic nurse... for ALL she has been through.... she will truly understand and demonstrate the compassion it takes for nursing as one that has been through SO much!  I'm so dang proud of her (and you!) Go ahead and embarrass her for me by sharing this.... she's fun to make blush!  :-*

DonnaLynn..... oy, what can I say?  One of these days........ truly.... one of these days. My love to you, to Jim and my very dear V!  :-*  One of these days......

Ok, list showing as of now.  Almost a week to go. Anyone else?

Phyl

Attending:
ppearl214/Phyl
CherylR/spouse
CHD63/Clarice and Truman
ksiwek/Kris and husband
Barb909/Barb
deheisel11
TimB/wife(?)
MeiMei
KathyM/Steve
GMan(?)
ombrerose4/husband
CNY/Greg
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:54:17 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 07:23:13 am »
Hi Kathy, I am sorry to hear that you won't be there.     So great to hear of how school is going for Taylor and she will be a super nurse.      It does make a difference when one knows what it feels like to be on the other side.          I know the no good smile is not fun but just to look ok at rest is a big deal too as I deal with that also.       I hope it all goes well for her from here on out and she is a super young woman!      Hugs to you both!              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 01:25:14 pm »
I'm going to be there in spirit, so all of you rowdies behave!!!  ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Cheryl R

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 07:01:41 pm »
The symposium link on the home page might have some answers.    The airport is over stateline in kentucky and not sure how much taxi or shuttle costs.      Most will stay at the hotel where the symposium is.       Someone might be interested in sharing a room.     Judy or the event planner might know.                   Have to go so more if needed later.       Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08

Kaybo

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:25 pm »
DL-
I wascjecking out last minute ticket prices too & just begging to sleep on someone's floor but finally just abandoned hope...and just decided to go to Mom's then anyway (my uncle is going home for a few days)...it jet wasn't meant to be this time for me!!

:-[
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »
Back again.    Went for ice cream with our neighbors.        I am not sure what other hotels are near the symposium and if all the special rate rooms would be taken.   It is in downtown area so may or may not be some cheaper hotels nearby.     The rate for the symposium is higher now than when first could register.     It does include ones food from Fri eve on if one goes to a Fri eve session thru Sun brunch.              I did not look at the symposium info on the home page also.              Time is going fast if one wants to come at last minute.                      Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 04:07:55 am »
Host hotel is the Hilton Netherlands in Cinci. I believe the taxi/shuttle from airport is approx $50-$60 round trip.

DonnaLynn, you KNOW I'd love to FINALLY meet you but only if things allowable on your end. :)
Kaybo.......... wanted to talk new Pirates with that scallywag of your's (I saw the most recent Pirates movie last weekend!).... I'm SO sorry you all won't be there.
AnneMarie.... oy.  Will truly be thinking of you while there...... Just like DonnaLynn...... one of these days.... I know it!  :-*

I am aware of the McGowens attending, who are newbies here on the forums, based here locally in Mass. Got email from them last night and will add them to the list of Forumites attending as well. They are a truly lovely couple whom I first met at one of the local support group meetings. Our local Suppor Group facilitator, who is also on this forum, will be added to the list as well.

Attending:
ppearl214/Phyl
CherylR/spouse
CHD63/Clarice and Truman
ksiwek/Kris and husband
Barb909/Barb
deheisel11
TimB/wife(?)
MeiMei
KathyM/Steve
GMan(?)
ombrerose4/husband
CNY/Greg
keithmcgowan/Keith and Nancy
MZB475/Laura (Metro Boston Support Group leader)

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:21 pm »
Although most of the folks I see on the "of forum" list will probably go Tim/Migoi who?, we will be going to the symposium. Will arrive on Thursday afternoon. Look forward to meeting new folks and remembering those I've met before.

See you all next week...

..thanks for being..t
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

jennifer7

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 05:56:34 pm »
I'll be there too but not until Friday afternoon
Jennifer
retrosig 2/10/10 1.2cm
headaches, facial weakness, tinnitus
hearing preserved :)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 03:44:17 am »
DL..... thanks for trying and don't you DARE worry about not being there physically as we KNOW you are there in spirit!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Tim... noted. Will be great to see you 2 again! :)

jennifer, looking forward to meeting you!

ANA still following this thread. Trying to confirm if they do, in fact, have something in mind for us (ie: an event).  They did make "ANA Discussion Forum Member" ribbons again for our nametags that we can put on if we want.  By using them, will be great to identify those of you here  that will be in attendance in Cinci.  If my old age memory serves me right, based on conversations with the ANA, I believe they are also, once again, setting up lunch table for the Forumites (not sure if Friday or Saturday). Please keep an eye open for it. At the last symposium, many of the dr's found us at the Forumite tables and joined us for lunch!

Stand by for updates! :)

Attending:
ppearl214/Phyl
CherylR/spouse
CHD63/Clarice and Truman
ksiwek/Kris and husband
Barb909/Barb
deheisel11
Migoi/Tim and wife
MeiMei
KathyM/Steve
GMan(?)
ombrerose4/husband
CNY/Greg
keithmcgowan/Keith and Nancy
MZB475/Laura (Metro Boston Support Group leader)
jennifer7
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:50:57 am by ppearl214 »