Author Topic: New Boston Area Brunch Attendee/Introduction  (Read 1913 times)

yoga52smh

New Boston Area Brunch Attendee/Introduction
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:31:48 pm »
I’m thinking I’d like to come to this brunch to meet you all.  I’ve been reading this site for a while but couldn’t get up the nerve to speak up.  I'm in my early fifties and had surgery in Jan of '05.  My AN was about 1.7cm and after going to Boston MGH, to Dr. McKenna and Dr. Barker all I wanted was to get it out.  Didn’t consider radiation and as you say when you make your decision you go with it, which is what I did. I really don’t regret it but I have SSD on the left side and sure do miss stereo music. Other than a little drooling on my left side, dry eye which I had before surgery, occasional headaches, some sending me into the fetal position, I’m doing pretty well. Oh, and my balance is off, hopefully it will improve?  :(

I’m so happy for this site.  It’s good to know you’re not alone. Others have walked in your shoes (or wobbled, as the case may be, haha)

I just heard today that the brunch at Maxwell’s is very good. Add me in!
                  ~Sue

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: New Boston Area Brunch Attendee/Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:03:12 pm »

Ah a newbe! .... welcome!  ;D  Funny thing about the music .. I stilll blast the radio in the car on the way to work ... only I get yelled at because if I play with the balance and fader, it all sounds the same to me ... my wife however can tell when I've been playing with the buttons in the new car!!   ;D
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New Boston Area Brunch Attendee/Introduction
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 08:15:15 pm »
Hello sue and welcome!  So looking forward to meeting you and no more reason to lurk here... we don't bite!  well, maybe JoeF does but as for the rest of us.. ;)

You'll be added to the list. Please see thread for "Regional/Boston" for brunch updates!  Here is the link to the thread for you:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=1323.60

Welcome!
Phyl
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 08:17:40 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"