Author Topic: The dread call back for another MRI  (Read 23443 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: The dread call back for another MRI
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 08:47:58 pm »
I saw my Doctor's "Fellow" today because Dr Rutka was booked solid all week and the good news is..... my facial neuroma is stable.  Now those on facebook knew I developed a lump above my ear and scar, so I'm told it is probably scar tissue.  I'm watching this "thing" like a hawk.  It is pliable, it is bulging, it is tender and it is a damn good size.  My girlfriend/hairdresser was the one who found it last Tuesday when I was getting my hair done.  It wasn't there last month she is sure of it.  If there is any growth or this "thing" should go from tender to sore, I'll be calling the doctor.  This "thing" is also in the line of where I feel pain when my face acts up and I get the shooting pain that lands behind my eye.  Just a little bump in my wonderful facial neuroma journey!  ::)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

suboo73

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 05:56:48 am »
Anne Marie,

So glad your results are 'stable' on the facial neuroma!  AWESOME!

Thank goodness for your hairdresser finding the lump..

Prayers all around that it shrinks on its own.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 06:49:00 am »
Sorry for being so late, but I am so glad your MRI came back with good news.  And you are very wise to keep viligant on the bump on your head. Don't hesitate to get your doctors attention when things don't seem ok to you. 

Celebrate good news always!!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

kraynok2

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 06:29:33 pm »
I'm glad it is stable.  Thank goodness your hair dresser was with it and found that lump.  It is good that you are keeping watch on it.  I hope all will go well. Sandy

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »
My scalp has been bothering me on my neuroma side, where the lump is.  I think it has gotten a bit bigger and it seems more sensitive.  My girlfriend/hairdresser is coming over Saturday evening for my 3rd son's 21st Birthday celebration, I'm going to get her to check it out.  She is doing my hair a week today so if Saturday is to busy I can wait a few days for her to check it out.  My face has been really sore with a pulling sensation up towards my ear and the lump is just above my ear, so I think the pulling sensation may be aggravating the lump.  While all of this is happening I get a shooting pain from above my ear, where the lump is, shooting behind my eye.  I was told by the neurologist that Lyrica was suppose to help with the shooting and stabbing pain.  I'm waiting.......

I'm seeing my family doctor in a few weeks and I am asking for a referral to another neurologist for a second opinion.  If the neurologist is suppose to help me deal with pain I think they should have a hands on approach and examine my head.   

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 07:35:41 am »
Anne Marie .....

So grateful you are being pro-active on following up with answers to this lump and accompanying pain.  You are doing exactly the right thing to stay on top of this and keep seeking answers and treatment.  Sometimes it takes third, fourth, etc. opinions to finally get the right answers and appropriate treatment.

So sorry you are having to deal with all of this.  Many thoughts and prayers for answers and relieving treatment soon!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

kraynok2

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 08:43:31 pm »
Ann Marie,
   I agree with Clarice.  Keep getting other opinions until you are satisfied and feel confident with that person.  I am sorry that you are having to go through this.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Sandy

Kaybo

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »
I thought I commented on this...right after Clarice...hmmm...maybe that was on FB??  ???
Anyway, I hope you get some answers, and more importantly, RELIEF soon!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!