Author Topic: No Laser?  (Read 2300 times)

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
No Laser?
« on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:05 am »
Gee, I was really hoping that my Baha (Ponto Pro) would come with a Borg-like laser. That would have been so cool!

I guess I will have to settle for just, "Whoa, hearing on the left side again! That's cool!"  ;D

So, clearly I got my Ponto fitted this morning, after filling out a couple of questionnaires for my doc who is doing a study on the impact of Bahas on tinnitus. On the last page I wrote, "Filling out questionnaires about tinnitus make it worse." Just focusing on it seems to give the tinnidemon access to my head.

I have been contemplating acquiring the cell-phone  adapter to connect my Blackberry after installing software that would read my email to me as it comes in. As cool as that would be... I could see myself getting caught off-guard in a meeting and laughing inappropriately. At least more than I do now.

other notes:

Also, yesterday, I saw the surgeon who treats my vocal cord paralysis. He agrees that my voice is definitely returning and to just let him know if it stalls and we need to do something else. In the meantime, he will follow-up with my neurosurgeon next week after I have MRI and consult in the morning. When were talking about my nostril collapse and facial muscle issues that have appeared in the last month, he suggested that it may be the result of the nerves making a more complete recovery and the muscles have been partly atrophied and essentially spasming/cramping from greater use (because I have been talking more). When he said that, the resident spoke up saying that is what I had told her as my guess when she interviewed me earlier.

Right now I have an appointment in June with neuro-muscular neurologist specializing in post-operative facial movement disorders to determine if Botox is in order to avoid potentially having to reconstruct my nose later.

-Tod

So many co-pays, so little time. ;)
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: No Laser?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:52:27 pm »
Congrats on getting your processor, Tod  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

nftwoed

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:29:06 pm »
Hi Tod;

You wrote: "Gee, I was really hoping that my Baha (Ponto Pro) would come with a Borg-like laser. That would have been so cool!"
  The problem is largely cosmetic because the Borg Ponto pro comes as a package only if you order the Borg Specialized +2.00 D. Prismatic Base Down Spectacle Lense.
   Best wishes with your larynx recovery! Does your wife miss you? I'm kidding, and don't wish to make light of your situation.

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »
I can't believe you would first  tell why I don't have a laser and then use the phrase "don't wish to make light of"....it comes across as bragging that you got the laser !  ;D

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.