Author Topic: BAHA & music  (Read 2022 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
BAHA & music
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:05:59 am »
Clarice asked about BAHAs and music in one of her recent threads.  I got this off of the Cochlear Community (www.cochlearcommunity).  Maybe it will help someone.

"Maximizing Your Music Listening Experience
Sent: March 04, 2011 - 3:52 PM

Want to maximize your music listening experience with your Baha®?

Common Elements of Success
Achieving your own personal best hearing and music experience with Baha involves four key elements:

1. You (or your child), the Baha user - to develop realistic expectations, practice, and commit to an education and rehabilitation program

2. Your audiologist - to work with you during routine visits to help improve your (or your child's) capabilities, and to help you (or your child) understand the options available including a music program

3. The right program - Baha provides the features and flexibility that may enable you to improve your (or your child's) hearing in various everyday listening environments and when listening to music

4. The right company - Cochlear offers training and education to support your (or your child's) efforts every step of the way

Helping you achieve your Ultimate Musical Experience
Looking for tips for enjoying your music listening experience? Start with the tips below:

•Music may not sound good at first. Remember, patience, persistence, practice and a positive attitude will go far!

•Experiment with different accessories that provide direct input to your sound processor.

•Experiment with different types of music.

•Start by choosing simple songs or tunes you are familiar with, such as children's songs.

•Set aside time to practice in a quiet environment when you are not tired."

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Ancora Imparo Girl

• Ancora Imparo Girl
Re: BAHA & music
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:53 pm »
This is great information. Thank you!
Translab surgery, simultaneous BAHA sleeper insertion 5/4/11 (no complications) • BAHA Abutment insertion 8/10/11 (device activation 9/14 - hopefully) • I'm a 38-year-old, single mom, magazine editor, volunteer, friend, daughter, niece, grand-daughter and music lover.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: BAHA & music
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »
Thanks, Jan .....

All printed out.   :)

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011