Author Topic: Three month MRI after gamma  (Read 2716 times)

formula30

Three month MRI after gamma
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »
I had my three month MRI done after gamma...........I just read the radiology report, it says that it still there...lol.....that we knew, but there was some minimal growth.........it's 2.1 x 1.9 cm.......and it was 2 x 1.8.     I am hoping this is a good sign, I just didn't think it would show any sign of swelling already.  Just wondering, I have an appointment soon with the neurosurgeon.....wish me luck!!!

koch

Getting data from doctors
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:37:58 pm »
I had a three month later MRI and am frustrated by the meager information I am able to get about the evolution of my tumor from my doctors at the Tuft's Gamma Knife Center in Boston.  I was particularly interested in knowing how much swelling happened after treatment 4 months ago but could only get the initial size at the time of diagnosis a couple years ago.  The initial size was 10.6mm and the three month post-op was 16mm, or around 50%. 

Also, I pointed out that the dimensions given by most on this forum were expressed in two terms.  The answer I got was "Yes it is more accurate to measure in multiple dimensions but to measure the maximal diameter as we did here is a close approximation."

Is anybody else having such problems with their doctors?

Chris P

Re: Three month MRI after gamma
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:34:34 am »
Hi,
   I just wanted to let you know that I had a follow up MRI 6 months after my GK and there was some swelling.  The report also showed the tumor size as being different then from my first MRI , it was a little larger.  I called my doctor and his nurse told me that can happen with each MRI because different techs read them and it is how they evaluate what they see.  She said to listen to the doctor and what ever he said to trust that and he told me the tumor was doing what it was supposed to do , dying in the center.  I decided not to worry and to trust my doctor.  I have another followup MRI in June of this year. 
   Hope my information helps you.  Stay well.
Small AN 14mm , right side , Gamma Knife Radiation 6/22/10 Gainsville, Florida.
Balance issues, hearing loss and facial weakness appeared four months post op.