Author Topic: Post CK Eye Pain  (Read 2743 times)

JLR

Post CK Eye Pain
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:31:48 pm »
I am 1 month post CK and am now experiencing some eye pain. This pain is in the right eye (same side as the AN) it comes and goes. but the pain is sharp. I am assuming this is caused by the radiation working away at the neuroma. Anyone experience this after CK. Thanks.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Post CK Eye Pain
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:25:46 pm »
JLR ~

I'm not an expert in CK (I had surgery & FSR) but my speculation is that the radiated AN is experiencing (normal) swelling and, perhaps, infringing on the optic nerve, causing the pain.  You should consult your physician for a credible opinion on this and if it persists or increases, he/she may prescribe a brief steroid regimen to give you some pain relief.   My belief - again, consult a physician about this - is that this eye pain should be temporary. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: Post CK Eye Pain
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »
JLR

I did not have pain after my CK in Novemeber, but I did experience something like double vision for a very short time.  The double vision was on the same side as the AN.  My doctor thought is was due to swelling.

TJ