Author Topic: Eight Days Post-OP  (Read 2256 times)

Danny2006

Eight Days Post-OP
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:32:13 pm »
Darn, I am dissapointed. I am still dizzy, and slightly sick. My head and left side fo face hurts, and worse than all is my darn facial problems. My eye will not function right, and no tears. My mouth will not work right on Lside. I know it could be much worse, but i was hopeing for a little better outcome. Doc says in 6mo- to year my eye may work better, and said that with all things considered it was very good. I must agree with him. apperentaly the facial nerve was wrapped pretty well.
I still hear pretty well (very happy about that) he says i will be very close there where i was pre surgery after fluid decreases.
I cant look at computer screen very long, makes me a little sick. I hope that within the next week it will be less trouble. the pain meds dont seem to work well, I may ask for something stronger on Monday.
Well I will go for now, I will try to be back on in a few days,
Thanks to everyone for the support.
Danny

PS Lana----you are right, This eye thing really stinks. glad to hear yours is working a little better.
Danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

Obita

Re: Eight Days Post-OP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 04:48:48 pm »
Dear Danny:

The first two weeks post-op are no fun.  Hang in there.  The eye problem was the very worst of my recovery but it did get much better after about a month.  Just keep up the drops (I used the gel one) durring the day and the Lacrilube at night.  I read somewhere to use a piece of plastic wrap at night and that was a lifesaver as I couldn't stand taping it or the patch.  I just cut it the size of an egg and stuck it on after the ointment.

My mouth was a mess also.  I couldn't eat right and made a mess drinking.  Try a straw.  That was easier than trying to drink out of the good side of my mouth.

The other stuff takes time too.  I couldn't do the computer either.  It made me feel off and I couldn't concentrate long enough to get from point A to B.  I doubt there is a much slower recovery than one from An surgery.

Take it real easy, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Desilu

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 06:20:28 pm »
Danny,

Don't be so hard on yourself! You just had surgery. It all takes time. Everyone heals at a different rate. Slowly but surely things will get better. Keep a positive attitude and you will be fine. You are in my prayers,  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

cookiesecond

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:24:18 pm »
Hi Danny,
 Hang in there. I was hoping things would progress faster for you but I know things will improve.It is so hard to be patient but take a deep breath and try to take it easy. This An journey can be a long one but you have many friends here to help along the way. We will continue to keep you in our
thoughts and prayers.
Take care,
Lynn

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:40:11 pm »
Darn, I am dissapointed. I am still dizzy, and slightly sick. My head and left side fo face hurts, and worse than all is my darn facial problems. My eye will not function right, and no tears. My mouth will not work right on Lside. I know it could be much worse, but i was hopeing for a little better outcome. Doc says in 6mo- to year my eye may work better, and said that with all things considered it was very good. I must agree with him. apperentaly the facial nerve was wrapped pretty well.
I still hear pretty well (very happy about that) he says i will be very close there where i was pre surgery after fluid decreases.
I cant look at computer screen very long, makes me a little sick. I hope that within the next week it will be less trouble. the pain meds dont seem to work well, I may ask for something stronger on Monday.
Well I will go for now, I will try to be back on in a few days,

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Danny

Danny:

So sorry to read of your rough post-op.  Time will help...it always does with AN removals.  You will beat this thing. 

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 05:03:32 pm »
Hi Danny,

Ok, you are now a "postie"! YAY!  I know it's been a bit rough lately, but it's sure great to be on the other side of things now.  Please hang in there and know you've got a cheerleading squad (wonder how Laz and CrazyKatPaul would look in cheerleading outfits?  :o) cheering you on!

Mom has a terrible cliche she uses all the time... "this, too, shall pass"... and it will! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"