Author Topic: Pins and Needles on AN side---Relationship to headaches?  (Read 3395 times)

Mei Mei

Pins and Needles on AN side---Relationship to headaches?
« on: November 13, 2010, 03:41:37 pm »
I was wondering how many of you out there have pins and needles on the AN side of the skull and how long did it take for it to go away.   I was told by someone on the Forum that it would take between 8 and 12 months, but I am now 10 months out and have no sign of the pins and needles going away or lessening.    Someone just told me that she never had pins and needles after the surgery but instead has numbness, so we are all different and I know that.   My question is if you know if there is any relationship between this healing process of the nerves on the scalp causing the pins and needles that cause the post surgical headaches that we suffer?  I am looking like crazy for a permanent solution to this and am very anxious for the pins and needles to go away.  I think it is a form of scarring.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Pins and Needles on AN side---Relationship to headaches?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:20 am »
Mei Mei:

By pins & needles, are you referring to the tingling (or brain freeze) that starts at the back of the neck & moves up the skull to form a headache? That's what I get. I'm still getting it @ 2.5 yrs post-op. The frequency has diminished, but I still get that.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Mei Mei

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:37:20 pm »
Yes, it's the feeling you get when you sit on your feet or sit cross legged too long and your foot falls asleep.   I have that on the AN side of my head and it's sooooo tender to the touch.  Someone said it goes away between 8 to 12 months post op, but mine aren't doing that and I'm wondering what's up.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:03:46 pm »
I found out that mine aren't going away because I have Occipital Neuralgia or C-2 Radiculpathy.

If this happens to you, you should get an MRI of skull and neck and as the radiologist said the space that connects the head and the neck.   I have to go back to get a third MRI for the space between the haad and the neck.   They said this would be no charge to me.   Take care all and don't take the meds until your cleared out any structural changes.   I wish I had gone the chructural change route before starting to take so many pills.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo