Author Topic: MRI #7 today and no change  (Read 1495 times)

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
MRI #7 today and no change
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:42:57 am »
I get a lot of these, since this the seventh since 12/31/09. I'm almost to the point of enjoying them and pretending like I am in the Jeffries tube on  Star Trek.

Anyhow, saw my surgeon afterward. No change. Next one in six months. Basically W&W until it shows signs of growing and then zap it.

We did spend about 30 minutes talking about the surgery itself. This was the first appointment where I felt ready to ask some questions to understand why it was so long, I also wanted to talk with him about this project I have been  working on to write a fairly detailed case study on my experience and recovery to see if he thought it would be useful for his students. It was a very good conversation.

So, next spring we'll see what happens and by then my other surgeon and I will be making a decision about next to attempt with my vocal cord,

Life is pretty darn good, today and every day.

Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: MRI #7 today and no change
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:54:25 pm »
Tod ~

Congratulations on the encouraging MRI report.  Your attitude is delightfully positive and inspiring.  I trust your recovery continues, if not at warp speed at least at impulse speed. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.