Author Topic: GK for November  (Read 1677 times)

steph28

GK for November
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:59:57 am »
Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone can put my mind at rest.

I am due to have GK in November after having debulking in December 2009. my facial nerve is in tact, but I say very up set at the moment.

Anyway over the last couple of days I have been experiencing paid down my face on the AN side, sharp stabbing pains in my head on the AN side and for some reason feeling quite sick. have anyone else experienced this?

I am in two minds about contacting my surgeon as I not sure how he can help.

Steph
x

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: GK for November
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:09 pm »
Steph ~

I'm sorry to learn about this relatively sudden onset of pain and nausea.  I underwent AN debulking (partial resection that also destroyed the tumor's blood supply) in 2006 (to spare my facial nerve).  My neurosurgeon scheduled FSR for 90 days later because he didn't believe in waiting to see if the remaining tumor would grow - and I agreed with him.  That all worked out quite well.  My remaining AN is now effectively 'dead'.  I did not experience the kind of pain you describe.  Stress may be a factor for the nausea but the head and face pain is problematic so yes, I would contact your surgeon to see what he suggests.   I trust this can be resolved in some way prior to your Gamma Knife treatment.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.