Author Topic: Eye problem two years after surgery?  (Read 1667 times)

Obita

Eye problem two years after surgery?
« on: May 22, 2006, 06:38:46 pm »
Hello All:

If this had happened before I received my "no regrowth MRI report" two weeks ago I would have freaked out.  Last week, three nights in a row I woke up with crusty eye (sleepy sand per Denise).  I went to my eye dr. friday and instead of telling me I had some kind of infection (my diagnosis) she said my eye was not shutting all the way again!!  It is a very small slit so my eye is not drying out but the tears thicken at night???  Two years after surgery?  Has this ever happened to anyone?  My cheek has also been twitching like crazy this last month.  So for now, I'm back on the pm ointment.

Thanks,  Kathy

ps:  I had the normal eye problems after surgery.  I slept with the ointment in my eye and covered it with a small piece of
plastic wrap for about a month and a half.  It had been fine with no ointment until last week.

Tip:  The plastic wrap really works.  Cut a piece about the size of an egg.  It sticks to your skin. No tape, no patch.

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Eye problem two years after surgery?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 06:49:30 pm »
Kathy,

It's not the sandman being overly generous or anything like pink eye? He feels it's from the surgery?

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

Re: Eye problem two years after surgery?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:06:58 pm »
Phyl:

My eye doctor said "no pink eye, no infection of any kind".  Then she told me to shut my eye and she gave me the flashlight test.  She could see a small slit.......it is not shutting all the way again. 

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines