Author Topic: A special thank you to Steve for my nice warm hat...  (Read 7492 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: A special thank you to Steve for my nice warm hat...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 09:06:22 pm »
Hey, Steve, good to see you  ;D

Weird story about the stranger.  Was your house unlocked? or did he break in?

My life's been changing recently too - and not really for the better  :P

Hopefully things will turn around quickly.

Personally I think you should continue with the hats, as I'm still impressed that you learned how to knit them  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:03 pm »
STEVE!!

So happy to see you here!!  Sorry about the stranger danger - that stinks!  However, good news about the iPhone - I LOVE mine!  Do you play Words With Friends?  Clarice and I play all the time - even though she always SMOKES me!  Check it out...I am "Kaybo!" - it's a free app if you don't have it!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 04:33:34 am »
Time for my monthly post, I guess.   :-[

I am fine, although I had a little incident last week in which a stranger walked into my house while I was sleeping and stole my wallet and cell phone and house keys. As you can imagine, that has been nothing but fun. The good news is that my new cell phone is an iPhone!

I have dropped in looking around for trouble, but have not been posting much at all lately. Some things in my life have been changing the last six months, and I don't seem to have as much spare time - at least it feels that way.

I should be dropping in more often now, I think. No new hats getting knit, though. I'm not sure if that will start up again or not.

The pack trip looks great, Priscilla.

Steve

You're safe.... you're hanging in there... and you've been missed!  :-*
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 06:14:50 am »
Steve!!  :o ::)

We have missed you and your gentle humor!  Hope all is well and all the pesky business w/the theft gets cleared up.  Locks have been changed, haven't they? As Pooh Bear would say. "Bother!"  Nobody needs that kind of aggravation.

If you are busy, just poke your head in and say hi every now and then so we don't have to worry :). Then you can get back to the wonderful world of apps and other such gadgets.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 06:42:53 am »
Yaaaaaaay, Steve is back to posting.  Sorry about the break-in ...... cannot imagine the terror that would bring.

And, congrats on the IPhone ...... I love mine and let me know if you get Words With Friends and want to start a game ....... BTW I do NOT smoke Kay every time!   ::)

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:03 am »
Well, hello, Steve!  Were your ears burning and you figured out it was your AN friends talking about you?  Good to see you - hope the changes in your life are good ones :)

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

moe

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:52 am »
Hi STEVE!!!!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry about your break in-what an inconvenience, and a scare! But the new iphone is a plus. ;D
I recently got the Sprint EPIC 4G phone (one of the androids). It's all greek to me! My work is requiring  us to use our personal cell phones, which I don't think is a great idea, but I get a HUGE discount with sprint, our carrier,  and a monthly reimbursement (very small, don't work much). Win win situation.

I'll look into the words with friends app, Clarice and Kay.

Forget the book club, lets start the words with friends club!!!!

Take care Steve, maybe we'll catch up at Portland meeting (?). Need to show off my moving cheek muscle!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 01:26:05 pm »
Hi, Steve ~

Good to see you post again.  We were getting a bit concerned, as you know, but we knew you were 'lurking', so we weren't too worried, just curious.  Now, that curiosity has been satisfied and I'm glad that all is (relatively) well. 

Of course, the break-in must have been unnerving as well as highly inconvenient - but at least you got an i-phone out of it! 

It was very generous of you to undertake your 'knit hat project' but if time doesn't allow you to keep knitting and sending them out, I think everyone will understand. 

We're all looking forward to seeing more of your posts, more often, now.  Oh, and not to worry, your seat on the ANA Moderator's Lear Jet remains secure.  ;)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 06:34:22 am »
Oh no, so sorry about you getting robbed. That's scary and it's just such a big hassle. But i'm glad you got an iphone.

Good to see you again. I've not been around too much either. I hope you do come back more regularly, because we miss yout posts.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!