Author Topic: A special thank you to Steve for my nice warm hat...  (Read 7495 times)

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
A special thank you to Steve for my nice warm hat...
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:44:15 pm »
I haven't seen Steve around in a while now, but I wanted to let him know that when I went on my pack trip into the WY mts., my red knitted hat went with me.  We slept in tents, and the first morning we woke up it was 32 degrees.  :o The second morning it was 28, and the third morning it was 34.  We ate our breakfast wearing very nearly every item of clothing we brought, and my red hat was my pride and joy.  So , Steve, it was not only a jaunty little petit chapeau, it was a lifesaver! Many thanks to you for your talents and generosity. ;)  I don't have any pictures of me hovering around the campfire trying to get warm, but I wish I did so he could see the hat in action!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: A special thank you to Steve for my nice warm hat...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »
I think we would all enjoy seeing your camping pictures.

Where is Steve anyway?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:46:44 am »
Yeah, I've been wondering about Steve myself.

Where has he been  ???

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 06:51:32 am »
I know ..... maybe he has been knitting more nice warm hats!   :D  Seriously though, I have been concerned about his whereabouts, as well.  Can anyone fill us in?

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 06:53:56 am »
He has been on facebook occ so not missing in action!                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:12:25 am »
Here are more pictures than you could possibly want to look at, but I am too lazy to edit it down.  So just suffer through all of them if you choose to open the link!

http://picasaweb.google.com/pfmagnuson/WYAdventure2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCLel8beOg5fRbA&feat=directlink

Priscilla
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 11:34:38 am »
Nice pictures!!!  I hope you got that manicure  ::)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:50:13 am »
He has been on facebook occ so not missing in action!                          Cheryl R

Thanks, Cheryl.

I'm not on facebook, so don't see him there.

As a moderator for the ANA, isn't he "required" to show up here routinely  ???  

Beautiful pictures, Priscilla - the scenery is gorgeous!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:52:34 am by leapyrtwins »
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 12:30:11 pm »
Priscilla .....

What a spectacular adventure!!  Good for you ...... and gorgeous pictures, as well.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 01:39:40 pm »
Anne Marie, I am happy to report that it was the other cowgirl who needed the manicure, but my hands weren't much better!  There was no running water, so after the guys had washed dishes in the evening, my friend and I would use the dishwater to wash our hands before they threw the soapy water on the fire.  When we got back to the ranch, I had the second best shower in my life.  The first best was on another adventure w/the same friend, 40 years ago.  Long story...  ;)

Priscilla

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:20 pm »
Yeah, I've been wondering about Steve myself.  Where has he been  ???

Jan/all ~

Although Steve Garrard has not posted since August 1st we know he still logs onto the forums.  A moderator is not 'required' to post.  Our other moderator, Joe, lurks but only posts occasionally, yet we consider him an effective moderator.  Even self-described 'ANA Forum Policewoman' Phyl, a normally energetic poster (over 6,000 posts since 2005) has been forced to curtail her posting a bit due to the demands of her new job.  It happens.  I'm still around and post often, perhaps too often for some people's tastes.  I can't help it, I've always been garrulous.  :) 

Frankly, we have no idea what Steve's current situation is.  We assume he is O.K. and, perhaps, simply taking a hiatus from posting.  We await his next message and, we hope, some sort of update on what's happening with him.  One thing is certain: Steve's contributions are sorely missed around here.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 03:54:33 pm »
Jim -

I hope you didn't think that I was implying that Steve wasn't fulfilling his moderator's duties  :o  NOT my intention at all.

Just wondered where he was, and how he was doing - and also like you, I miss his contributions.

Jan

moe

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 09:19:14 am »
I personally think Steve is taking a hiatus from knitting hats, hey are you reading this Steve?

Hope all is well with Steve-I think he's good.

Maggie,
Loved the pics! The one with your horse sticking her tongue out was great, and the rainbow pics, the mountains, lakes, nature, horses, etc.
You are going to make some people jealous, but that is OK- you deserve it. Keep enjoying the retirement life  :)
Maureen

06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

cindyj

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:24:35 am »
Awesome, pics, Priscilla!  Everything but the sleeping in tents (and catching and eating fish) looks like great fun ;D  What a beautiful part of the country...would love to see it one day.

I've also been missing Steve and his words of wisdom and wit...

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

sgerrard

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 08:17:48 pm »
Time for my monthly post, I guess.   :-[

I am fine, although I had a little incident last week in which a stranger walked into my house while I was sleeping and stole my wallet and cell phone and house keys. As you can imagine, that has been nothing but fun. The good news is that my new cell phone is an iPhone!

I have dropped in looking around for trouble, but have not been posting much at all lately. Some things in my life have been changing the last six months, and I don't seem to have as much spare time - at least it feels that way.

I should be dropping in more often now, I think. No new hats getting knit, though. I'm not sure if that will start up again or not.

The pack trip looks great, Priscilla.

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.