Author Topic: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray  (Read 75239 times)

moe

Re: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 01:01:14 pm »
Donnalynn,
I'm praying for you and Jim, and for a resolution to his blood clot problem.
He sees the cardiologist this week? Or is that the doctor he already saw.
Being a nurse,  I have seen patients with implanted device called IVC filter.

This is the quick blurb from Wikipedia:

An inferior vena cava filter, also IVC filter a type of vascular filter, is a medical device that is implanted by surgeons into the inferior vena cava to prevent fatal pulmonary emboli (PEs).
Inferior vena cava filter - Gunther Tulip.[1]

IVC filters are used in case of contraindication to anticoagulation, failure of anticoagulation or complication to anticoagulation in patients who have a venous thromboembolic disease or in prophylactic use for patients with a high risk of pulmonary embolism.

He needs one of these in my opinion to catch any further blood clots before they get to the lung. Ask at your next appt. Hopefully not another wait, but definitely something that needs to be looked into. Or go to the states to get one if you are looking at a wait. Unfortunately I don't know of services in the state :(

Hopefully he is on oxygen or you have it in the home if he gets more short of breath.

Again, my prayers for both. I 'm so dismayed. Hang in there, you and Jim WILL get through this!
Maureen

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:23:37 pm by moe »
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

cindyj

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 05:25:08 pm »
Been out of town since Wed and just now cathcing up a bit here...so very sorry to hear that things are no better with Jim, worse in fact, it sounds like.  Continued thoughts and prayers headed your way.  Your strength has been tested again and again, but I know you guys can get through this also.

Many hugs,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 07:29:57 pm »
Dear Donnalynn,
If you are going to think about coming to the states for cancer treatment, then I will mention MD Anderson in the Houston Medical Center.  It has a great reputation, and my whole upstairs is empty and at your disposal.  Well, it isn't completely empty, but it is available for use . :D  I always need an excuse to get moving on the de-cluttering projects!

I am continuing to send prayers for strength, peace, and healing.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jill Marie

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:32 pm »
Donnalynn,  So glad you posted again.  I check for an update on Jim at least 3 times a day, hoping that he is hanging in there so he can get to the appointment on Tuesday.  I have a very good feeling that he will be at that appointment with you and his crew.  Of course we continue to hope that it isn't cancer causing the clots but of course something serious is going on and hopefully they can figure out the cause and cure soon.  It's Labor Day weekend so I have Monday off and am not anxious to go to work on Tuesday but considering that you & Jim want Tuesday to get here quickly I hope the time goes fast.  So glad to hear that you are getting some much needed rest, you need it so you can take care of yourself & Jim.  Take Care, Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

iluuvpups

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2010, 07:50:43 pm »
Thanks for the update, Donnalynn!  We are sending you continued strength, hope, and love!!

As for major cancer centers, Priscilla is right.  MD Anderson in Houston is reknowned.  So is Sloan Kettering in NY and Mayo in Rochester, MN.  You can't go wrong with any of those.

Hugs.  --Carol Ann
Original 1.75cm left-side AN diagnosed Feb 2010
Translab surgery May 27, 2010 with Drs. Kartush and Pieper of MEI
SSD on left side, some facial weakness, tear duct doesn't work
Found I actually had a facial neuroma during translab
Remaining 6mm facial neuroma - watch and wait

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »
continued prayers coming your way ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:14 pm »
Donnalynn .....

Thanks for your update.  I am so glad you have such good support with friends and your dear Vanessa.  This is one of those times when the love and care of those around you is so vitally important.

Love and prayers continue .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kaybo

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:29 pm »
Sweet Donnalynn~
I am so sad the trials that y'all are going thru and that I am so far away, but I am so relieved to hear of the support that Jim's crew is giving to you.  So glad to hear that you are able to get some rest - you need to be able to keep YOUR strength up so that you can best care for him. 

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY that you need to come to MD Anderson here in Houston!!  It is one of the best...let me know if you are seriously leaning that way...I think we (my FIL) could MAYBE make some calls...You need the Houston crew to take care of you!  I know Priscilla and I can give you a lot of time and I bet there are others too!

Still holding you up in prayer!!
Love & Hugs,
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jackie

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:32 pm »
Donnalynn darling,

So glad you took the time to let us all know the latest. At such a difficult time you continue to be your ever thoughtful self and that is why we all love you so much. You and Vanessa, must stay strong and healthy to take care of dear Jim. Isn't it wonderful how his crew is there to help! Wow, Cops and firefighters, what a remarkable bunch! We know, don't we!!!! Our continued prayer vigils , will remain stronger than ever, and His power will see this through! Blessings to you and yours, Always,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2010, 09:29:59 pm »
Donnalynn and Jim,

You both, and your family, are in my family's prayers. Your frustration with Canadian healthcare is sadly one I have experienced with other family members and I am sorry you have to endure this- up there.

I pray that an advocate comes along and gives you some assistance, in the frustrating system, and you get the results you want ... and need.

Big HUGS from a fellow Canadian down here in Oregon.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Cheryl R

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2010, 10:04:47 pm »
Donnalynn,    I am glad we get the updates and no turn for the worse for him.         Sounds like he could use the O2 and even day time use just to keep him going better.   
I know the filters are used  but I did read something not real long ago about them and can't remmeber it exactly now but that they can cause some problems too.             I know have had at least 2 pts I had taken care of with them as part of their history but was not why was in our hospital at that time.     
                               Thinkiing of you,            Cheryl R                                 

Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

free2be

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2010, 08:33:38 am »
Donnalynn,

I wrote you on here last night, but it isn't here. Must not have hit Send or some silly thing! I'll try to recap:

I'm glad you are getting support from Jim's team and getting "some" rest. I suspect you need more, but understandable that it is difficult. We are doing a lot of praying down here in the mountains of north GA for Jim and for you. I'm glad you're considering coming to the states. Your situation there sounds impossible and frustrating and exhausting just to deal with; so, I hope that works out for you.

I'll be intersted to know the name of the doctor to whom you refer. We need to find a referral for little Wylie. Someone who handles worst case situations. They aren't offering much hope here.

You take care of yourself and hang onto Jim knowing there are lots of loving (though somewhat unknown) arms holding on with you.

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable

tenai98

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2010, 05:04:06 pm »
Just came across this thread..oh Donnalynn my heart goes out to you and Jim...You will both be in my prayers..Our Canadian health systme sure does stink...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2010, 05:38:19 pm »
Thanks for the update, Donnalynn!  We are sending you continued strength, hope, and love!!

As for major cancer centers, Priscilla is right.  MD Anderson in Houston is reknowned.  So is Sloan Kettering in NY and Mayo in Rochester, MN.  You can't go wrong with any of those.

Hugs.  --Carol Ann

I just wanted to mention about Sloan Kettering in NY if it is cancer that Sloan is good if it is fairly new or a different form but once it has gone too far that they are not as aggressive in their treatment... I heard this from too many people so I opt to believe it I just wanted to mention it because if it needs aggressive treatment just wanted you to research it more ?

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Anomar11

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:32 pm »
Donnalynn,

Praying for complete healing for Jim, strength for all of you, and that you be shown the right direction to go.

Mona
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9