Author Topic: BUSTIN' OUT!!  (Read 8158 times)

Lizard

Re: BUSTIN' OUT!!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »
Kaybo,
Looks like you're having a good week  ;D
Congrats!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jill Marie

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 09:13:34 pm »
Let's go Kaybo!

I LOVE roller coasters too, yes, the bigger the better!  Going to ride every roller coaster in the world when I retire.  Hubby isn't into them like I am, will you go with me?  Jill 8)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:18 pm »
OH YEAH, I'M IN!!!   ;D  ;D

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

grega

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 01:15:33 pm »
WOW Kay .... your skiing and roller coaster descriptions bring to mind images of you screaming to beat the band ..... good for you ... glad you enjoy that stuff.  Only things to watch for on your bike are those big metal obstacles with 4 rubber tires!  Hopefully there are bike paths and parks closeby. ;D

Summer vacation at the beach, we stay in a location that's not really easy walking distance, what with gear and the grand-kid.  So I drive up, drop off family and stuff, drive back, and then bike back to the beach.  And then reverse it all at day's end.  Works for me. 8)

Day I bought my bike several yrs back, I actually tried a pogo stick in that store.... did OK, but later realized that wasn't such a good idea cause of the smooth floor.

BTW, nothing wrong with screaming on your bike, altho you might get some strange looks  :o

Keep smiling!
Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

Keri

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »
Yay, Kay! I'm glad for your fun and happy and good biking experience! Even though I'm more of a runner, I like biking more - it's more fun!
I have a little difficulty looking behind me just to make sure there's not something coming that I need to be aware of; other than that, the balance thing is pretty much okay for me too.

Hmm... what to do next? You could join Patrick on his annual biking trek from Houston to Austin!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:16 pm »
Kaybo
Sounds like you are ready for the excursion to Cedar Point after the symposium.  Coasters!  Coasters!!  Coasters!!!  Yeah baby!

We're going to Cedar Point after the symposium?  I grew up in Cleveland and went there at least 4 or 5 times every summer .  My favorite ride was the Rotor--a big padded cylinder that started to spin really fast and stuck you to the wall--and then the FLOOR dropped about 10 feet!  We'd try to work ourselves sideways and upside down and it was really funny to watch everybodies pants get wedgies.  Funny how when we were younger we actually used to ENJOY giving ourselves Wonkyhead!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

moe

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 08:48:47 am »
  Funny how when we were younger we actually used to ENJOY giving ourselves Wonkyhead!

Capt Deb

How true and how funny! I too remember that ride. I could only do it one time though. It was "fun" watching everyone stagger when they came out........
Moe
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty