Author Topic: Surgery at House, Sept 14th.  (Read 20568 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Surgery at House, Sept 14th.
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 03:24:59 pm »
Scott ~

I'm very pleased to learn that you're feeling much better - and that you have your priorities straight!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

NL

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »
Hey Scott,

I'm so sorry you had the setback, but seems like you're back on the road to recovery. Glad you're feeling good enough to think about the game!

Looks like your connection is good in your room - they're streaming the game right now. Just click on the ESPN3.com to the right of the game listing on the schedule:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Good luck - on the connection and the game.  :)

And thanks for keeping us updated!

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »
Your CSF leak is making me more scared about my impending surgery. At least your on the other side now.

And aren't you suppost to be in the post-op sub forums now? Just giving you a hard time. Get better soon.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 08:01:14 pm »
Your CSF leak is making me more scared about my impending surgery.

Don't sweat it, Funny. 

CSF leaks are just something that some get and some don't.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it, although someone told me that there's a theory if you have a fat graft (docs take fat from your abdomen and fill in the space where your tumor used to be) your chances of a leak diminish - but that might not be true.

Scott -

so are you a Clemson fan or a Auburn fan?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

linda s

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 11:04:04 pm »
Hi Scott,

I am sorry it's been a hard road and hope you're starting to feel better. I will be at HEI tomorrow having translab surgery on Tuesday and hope to be able to say hi at some point.

linda
7mm x 5mm right AN/diagnosed 4-1-10 - hearing loss, balance problems, tinnitus. Having translab surgery at HEI Sept 21st.