Author Topic: This Week 8/29/10 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 1708 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 8/29/10 in the AN Calendar World
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:27:41 pm »
Sdw (sdw79) had middle fossa surgery on 8/13.  We’re very happy to learn that your surgery was a complete success, that “everything went great, and the facial nerve was preserved”.
Congratulations as our newest Postie. 

LAST WEEK:

Capt. Deb (Captain Deb) it is great news that everything went well with your thyroid surgery.  Hope you heal quickly, and receive excellent results back from the pathology report.  Phyl, thank you very much for keeping us updated.

Patrick (texsooner) we’re also glad to learn that your neurologist confirmed that “everything looks good”.

THIS WEEK:

Monday 8/30 (wasky) has an appointment with the pcp.  We hope your pcp has good news for you, and that your blood pressure is under control.

Tuesday 8/31 Kathleen Mary (KathleenMary) will have GK Treatment.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers that the treatment is a complete success.

Friday 9/3 Sara (saralynn143) celebrates her birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sara, we hope you have a great day.

We continue to hold good thoughts for those who remain on the road of recovery, as well as two small boys Gabe, and Wylie that have both had brain tumor surgery and continue the fight to survive, and Nancy’s (NancyMc) Dave who waits to find out if he has an AN.

Have a nice week everyone, and a safe weekend next Labor Day weekend,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 8/29/10 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:07:21 pm »
Rich ~

'Thanks' seems so mundane at this point - but I'll offer it anyway.  :)

Congratulations to 'sdw' on a successful AN surgery and to Captain Deb, on her successful thyroid surgery.  Patrick's 'looking good' MRI report was most welcome, of course.

Hopes and prayers for Kathleen Mary's GK to be trouble-free and for wasky's BP to be brought under control this week.  Praying that Nancy's Dave doesn't have an acoustic neuroma and of course, that youngsters Gabe and Wylie will be successful in their struggle to survive their medical challenges.  Along with everyone else, I'm looking forward to a pleasant Labor Day weekend .  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 05:59:55 pm »
Rockin' Rich! :) Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending wellness wishes to all those that are enduring now..... healing hugglez..... birthday wishes.... and hoping everyone has a good week!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

iluuvpups

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 06:53:33 pm »
KarenE has in her tag line "Have nerve reconstruction surgery 8/30/10".  Good luck, Karen!
Original 1.75cm left-side AN diagnosed Feb 2010
Translab surgery May 27, 2010 with Drs. Kartush and Pieper of MEI
SSD on left side, some facial weakness, tear duct doesn't work
Found I actually had a facial neuroma during translab
Remaining 6mm facial neuroma - watch and wait