Author Topic: MRI report  (Read 1590 times)

tenai98

MRI report
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »
Even though the tumor is stable the report states that  I have 'small vessel disease"....I looked it up and its not good...Guess I"ll have to ask my GP about it when I see her next.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: MRI report
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 05:35:00 pm »
Jo ~

I'm sorry to learn that your good AN news has been clouded by the detection of a potential heart problem.  I hope it can be treated with medication and diet, as this condition often is.  Better to catch it now while it's treatable, then find out after a heart-related scare.  Still, you have much to be thankful and happy about, so do what you have to do but don't let this news dismay you. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: MRI report
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 05:51:11 pm »
I am interested in what you find out.

I found it interesting because I originally started having MRI's for a tumor besides the AN (other is still stable...yipee).   Anyways, my AN was small enough the first MRI said it looked like a small vessel disease.   Of course I freaked.   After MRI 6 months later they found out it was an AN, that is how much it grew.  Of course my AN kept growing faster than normal and started affecting things, so got it out.    But my MRI's never showed that 'disease' again.

Hopefully yours isn't something serious!!   
Best WIshes,
Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI