Author Topic: This Week 7/11/10 in the AN World  (Read 1739 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 7/11/10 in the AN World
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:01:38 pm »
Vivian (Vivian B.) although it appears that 6/30 was a very long day for you (12 hrs.), we are very happy to learn that overall your GK treatment went well.  Congratulations!  You are indeed officially a Toastie Postie.

LAST WEEK:

Nikki (opp2) we’re sorry that your recovery is off to a rocky start, following your 7/6 retrosigmoid surgery.
We would like to say congratulations on being our newest Postie, and we hope that you feel better each and every day.  Thank you Adrienne (Adrienne) for updating us after Nikki’s surgery.

Mark (markmark) we hope everything went well with your BAHA surgery on 7/6, and trust that you will heal nicely, so that you can begin the count down to your BAHA Gotcha Day.

Doc (Doc) we are very pleased that last week’s MRI brought you good news.  We’re sending good vibes your way in hopes that the “lingering issues” improve each day.

THIS WEEK:

Monday 7/12 Tod (Tod) visited the TOG for an MRI.  Welcome back Tod, hope you and your wife had a great vacation.  I’m sorry to be late getting this post up.  We hope that you’ll have excellent MRI results to share with us.

Wednesday 7/14 James (james e) is having BAHA surgery.  We hope your surgery goes off with out a hitch, and that you heal very quickly.  Soon you will join Dale (dalern), and Mark (markmark) counting down the BAHA Gotcha Days :)

Also on Wednesday 7/14 Mei Mei (Mei Mei) has an appointment with the anesthesiologist.

Thursday 7/15 Anne Marie (yardtick) has an appointment with her neurologist.

We’ll keep our fingers crossed that the anesthesiologist, and neurologist have great news for you both.

We are holding good thoughts for those recovering, in hopes that you feel better everyday.

Have a great week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 7/11/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:19:00 pm »
Rich ~

My customary appreciation for your comprehensive, informative update.  

My congratulations to James on his upcoming BAHA surgery.  Soon, you'll be able to answer the question "can you hear me now?" with a resounding "yes I can!"  :)

I know we're all hoping that Mei Mei's consult with the anesthesiologist leads to some headache relief for her, and soon.

Best wishes for a rewarding doctor visit, for you too, Ann Marie.  

I trust that our recovering members (Nikki, especially) as well as Vivian, Mark and Doc continue to improve.  

May we all have a wonderful week!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:16:22 pm »
Thanks everyone  :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

opp2

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 09:03:36 pm »
Good thoughts for you Anne Marie. Nothing but good thoughts  ;D
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:56:42 pm »
I saw the neurologist today and she felt I should try Lyrica instead of Cymbalta.  I'm to take 75mg 2X's a day and weekly increases it if need be. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games