Author Topic: Fat head  (Read 7144 times)

RadiantStar

Fat head
« on: May 09, 2006, 04:41:59 pm »
 ;D   I forgot to mention, the fat they sucked out my stomach (too bad they couldn't take more of it ;D) suddenly and without much notice, left.  Just up and took off, one day while I was washing my hair, I noticed a dent behind my ear.  I asked my husband and he said I was imagining things...how could the fat just disappear?  Sure nuff, today when I ask Doc about it he told me some patients keep it and others bodies see it and it's absorbed back into the body.  Yes, there is a cosmetic procedure to correct it if you want/need it, but it is NOT life threatening if you opt to leave it alone.  (LIKE my brain leaking out ::))  You actually can't see it, I know it there cuz I feel it, just a little indent behind the right ear.  Think I'll leave it alone.
Just passing it on, in case someone else looses there fat. 
Guess this would be a p.s. to my previous post.
Be well ya'll

Battyp

Re: Fat head
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 04:45:45 pm »
I'd like to lose the fat around my stomach!  Too bad that didn't happen post surgery!

Angela

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:56:04 pm »
ME TOO!   I try not to touch behind my ear because it gives me the willies.  But one day it itched and I freaked out because there was a massive dent, like the fat was gone.  My husband confirmed that it looked deeper, where as before it was even with my head.

Luckily, I had a 9m check-up soon after and the doctor said that the fat compressed, actually shrunk.  I asked him "Why can't it do that all over my body?"  He didn't think much of my joke and said it was nothing to worry about.

With the depression, I noticed that my sunglasses don't fit quite the same.  I wear my hair parted on the left due to facial paralysis on the right side, so I don't have hair-do problems.

BTW, my surgeon gave me the option of "lipo" from my abdomen or from my backside.  My husband asked "If you take the fat from the back, does that mean I can call you butt-head?"  Ummm, no dear.

There is still a divot where the fat used to be in my stomach.  It's not very attractive in a 2 piece swimsuit!
ongoing issues: SSD, some facial paralysis, dry eye, bad balance, tinnitus

Feb'05 Stanford- 4cm x 3 x 3 "Timmy the Big Fat Tumor" removed via 13hr Trans Lab
Nov'07 Stanford- 2hr nerve graft
Mar'08 FACE STARTED MOVING, PRAISE GOD!Sep'10 Stanford- cyberknife for 2nd tumor "tiny tommy"
Mar'12 :)

RadiantStar

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 06:50:43 pm »
 ;D  Just one more unique use of the extra fat we carry around isn't it?
I'm not what you'd call "fat" but it sure could use some re-arranging ya' know what I mean?
Secretly, I just thought the title of the post was funny, and wanted to make you laugh ::)
Keep chucklin'

luv2teachsped

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 07:08:24 pm »
Me too!  I wondered when that dent happened.  You should see the bows of my glasses!  They are very lopsided but that's the only way they sit on my face right!!luv2teach :D
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

cookiesecond

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 08:20:16 pm »
Thanks for posting. I also have a dent. I am seeing my AN doctor Friday and I'm going to let him check it out.
Take care,
Lynn

Angela

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 12:29:01 pm »
Sorry for delay, I haven't logged on in a long time.

The dent is slowly getting deeper and longer.  The depression now extends as long as my earlobe.  My physical therapist (and fellow-AN'er) has one too.
ongoing issues: SSD, some facial paralysis, dry eye, bad balance, tinnitus

Feb'05 Stanford- 4cm x 3 x 3 "Timmy the Big Fat Tumor" removed via 13hr Trans Lab
Nov'07 Stanford- 2hr nerve graft
Mar'08 FACE STARTED MOVING, PRAISE GOD!Sep'10 Stanford- cyberknife for 2nd tumor "tiny tommy"
Mar'12 :)