Author Topic: MRI results  (Read 3546 times)

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
MRI results
« on: April 14, 2010, 04:57:31 pm »
MRI #4 showed 1mm growth with mild hearing loss this past year so Dr. McKenna says I can go another year.  I guess I am happy I don't have to make a decision but not sure I can continue with the symptoms, the pressure is worse, the ringing worse, headaches everyday and nerve pain in the face but no treatment.  Dr.McKenna was in surgery so I got a message from his resident telling me this, didn't get to tell him about my symptoms. So I continue until I can't continue and then I will call him.  This is depressing whatever way you look at it, sorry for being so negative.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Sheryl

Re: MRI results
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:18:39 pm »
Hi - Yes, this can certainly get you down especially if you are having symptoms.  I have been a W&W patient for 8-1/2 years growing from about 9 mm to 14 mm and still they tell me to wait.  Luckily my symptoms are manageable.  The 1 mm increase I had was over a four-year period, and I was told that they had just upgraded their MRI and 1 to 2 mm is within the realm of "technical" difference and doesn't really count as growth.  There was no pressure against the brain stem and no edema around the tumor.

Hang in there - try to keep busy.  If your symptoms are impeding your life and daily activities, you should get back to Dr. McKenna.  It's very rare to get to talk to the doctor.  We've got the same situation with my husband's benign brain tumor and the Brigham although one doc there is great with e-mail and the other from Dana Farber (neuro-oncologist) actually calls us himself - once just to see how hubby was doing!!

Keep us posted,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

LisaP

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:22:33 am »
Hi,

Sorry about your news, maybe you could call him and talk with him personally or call me if you would like, I'm on the willing to call list. Don't worry about feeling down right now, it's OK!!   My symptoms have gotten worse too so I know what you are talking about.  It wears on us emotionally at times.  Please hang in there and since you can 't make the luncheon, call me.

LisaP ;D

LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:52:10 am »
Rivergirl + Lisa P! My AN is approx. .12X.06. Sounds like a mirror image of when I first started W+W. After about a 8 mos. I went into action with myself to find a healthy course of action. Within 6 months my symptoms diminished to nothing more than a minor annoince (occasionly). Everthing has been "stable" since, with next mri in AUG.  Whatever you decide to do please do something while you W+W, it cant hurt. I am caller friendly also. I`l be at ANA New Jersey on the panel this Sunday. Best wishes, Mickey

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:45:17 pm »
Hi Rivergiirl,

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. It's not negtative it's just an uncertain feeling. I am myself coming up to my one year MRI and dont' know whetner it grew or not and don't know what to do.

Alll symptoms still thre.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:50:19 pm »
Thanks for the pep talk, need it sometimes.  I decided I would walk it away, started to seriously walk this week plus need to shed a layer or two who knows maybe it is a piece of fat up there and if I loose weight it will shrink, think it is my only option. 
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

LisaP

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:21:22 am »
Hi Mickey,

I sent you a personal e-mail, please call me, it sounds like our AN are around the same size.  My has been kicking my butt lately like Cindy's.  Please call me, reading postings helps but talking to someone over the phone would be better for me.  

Cindy,

Hang in there and call me too.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W