Author Topic: cochlear Implants  (Read 1751 times)

nitashuhart

cochlear Implants
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:21:34 pm »
Are there any NF2 out there who have received Cochlear Implants?  Have you been treated for the bilateral acoustic neuroms (also known as bilateral vestibular schwannomas)?  I am looking to hear any results you have had and when and where you had the implants?  Take care -
Nita Shuhart
NF2
FSR right (1.8cm)/JHH - Sept. 00
FSR left (2.7cm)/JHH - Sept. 01

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: cochlear Implants
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:28:40 am »
Hi Nita and welcome. I know that there are many NF2 patients here on the site and hoping they can chime in with answers you seek. But, in the interim, just wanted to say hi, welcome, and know that this motley gang is here with good shoulders, lousy jokes (ok, some are good!) and open arms.

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jeff

Re: cochlear Implants
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:38:05 am »
Hi Nita,

I know of one NF2 patient who uses a CI and two others who did, but were forced to have them removed due to tumor growth and necessary surgery. I also know of one or two others who have been told that they are candidates for the CI. Have you been evaluated by your Dr.? I know that they have done some CI's for NF2 patients at House. I amnot sure where else.

I hope that this helps,

Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08