Author Topic: I'm Doing Cyberknife!!  (Read 11491 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: I'm Doing Cyberknife!!
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 05:35:14 am »
Hi sunfish.... first... WELL DONE! :) 

Jim is right.... as you have learned here and on the CK forums...... it takes time.  My AN did have minimal shrinkage but it's not "common" but can happen for some.  Time, in radio case, is the key..... as you have learned in your research.  Hang tough, take it easy....... you are doing fab! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sunfish

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »
Hmmm . . . I last updated Wed. morning, but backslid for a couple days after that :(

Got home Wed. evening.  We had taken my blood pressure Tues. evening, and it had been a teeny bit high.  When I got home Wed. I took bp again, and it was +150/90.  Decided to rest and not go to eve activities.  A couple hours later, had a really scary episode in which my dinner simply refused to go down my esophagus, and I assumed I was having a heart attack.   Long story short - eventually wound up in after hours clinic, placed on meds to lower bp, which had climbed to 165/101.

On Thursday, called my neurosurgeon's office and sent case manager an email. But the doc doesn't do business in that office until Fri.  I went to see my GP, who's the greatest.  Case manager said she was sure symptoms weren't from abrupt discontinuation of decadron with no taper, but my GP said she's convinced that's the problem.  She thinks I was just extra sensitive to decadron.  GP made me stay home today thru weekend, because she said I'm "too healthy" for the bp meds, and is scared that when my body catches up and drops bp on its own, my bp will be way too low.  BP is gradually coming down to normal.

I'm more than a bit unhappy with neurosurgeon's office.  Coincidentally, I got email on CK website from someone who had AN treatment the same days/place I did, and his meds were tapered ???

On a very, very positive note: I basically feel normal today.  I slept normally last night for first time since treatment.  No balance problems, less tinnitus today, good energy level.  The last ten days have  been hell for me, but not nearly the hell of traditional surgery, and I'm very glad I tried the CK route.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

sunfish

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 01:13:05 pm »
OK, I stand corrected . . . neurosurgeon's office just called back to make sure I was feeling better and would be OK over weekend.  I'm normally very active, and make a really bad patient when I'm stuck in the house!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC