Author Topic: double vision 2 yrs after AN removal  (Read 3231 times)

coletta

double vision 2 yrs after AN removal
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:10:33 pm »
My husband had an AN in 2008, 4-5 cm (very large). It left the right side of his face paralyzed. He had already lost his hearing back in the 80's. Didn't know it was a tumor til 2008 when severe headaches and instability kicked in. He had to have 3 surgeries after the removal of the AN for spinal fluid leak through his nose. The doctor performed a mastoidectomy, then had to go back in to actually remove all the "guts" of the ear and packed it with cement and whatever else he could to stop the leak. Never had any vision issues other than eye that won't close on its own all the way and dryness (which he uses ointment for, but not as he should. He hates the blurry vision it causes). He returned to work January 2009. In the past 2 weeks Feb 2010, he has noticed having double vision, mainly when he is not focusing on something, like driving, or working on equipment. Mainly in a relaxed or fatigued state. Went to opthamologist who did an exam and immediatly ordered an MRI and has referred him to Dr Nunery in Louisville KY. Anyone had a delayed vision problem after an AN removal?

tichinose

Re: double vision 2 yrs after AN removal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:30:19 pm »
I had AN surgery removal in July 2008.  Recently after months of different eye doctors, I am starting to have double vision and the vision is progressively getting worse.  Being referred to Neuro Opthamalogist