Author Topic: Phyl.... Live on YouTube  (Read 11814 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Phyl.... Live on YouTube
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:58:06 am »
well, Accuray (manufacturer of Cyberknife) flew to Boston to do this of me.... and a few others that do not have AN's but had CK done.....  OH, do I need a facelift, a nose job and need to color my hair.

So, for your viewing pleasure......

*cringes as types the Copy/Paste command*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJJh3-j8eN4

Just a side note.... as we know, "individual results may vary...", but this is just my AN CK story........ and sending wellness wishes to all.

Phyl
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:24:46 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lynn Mc

Re: Phyl.... Live on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 07:04:54 am »
Phyl,

Tried to watch but forgot I am on dial up (there is no DSL where I live!!).  Will have to wait until I can go to work.  Really wanted to see it!

Happy Trails,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:25:34 am »
Lynn, no worries.... :)  Hang in there, m'dear! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sues1953

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:00:22 am »
Hi Phyl,

I posted my comment right on the sight.  Thanks so much!

Sue
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

texsooner

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 09:28:49 am »
Phyl, awesome job. Many people will benefit from this. Btw, you're a natural on camera and you look great.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 09:30:42 am »
 OH, do I need a facelift, a nose job and need to color my hair.

Phyl

Oh Piffle Pearly Whites... You look fabulous daaarling. Fabulous! All those facial nerves are firing just fine... I see blink action of the eyelids in perfect unison... Baby you look great!!! ... What so many would give for that full function... and to symmetrically show off pearly whites (I would be so lucky!)

You are active, confident to be on camera for the entire web to see... don't change a thing Pearly Girl... We WUVS ya just the way YA AW!!!  ;D

DHM

BTW Where did them bUUtiFULLL flowers come from? The bloke?  :) Or some news media admirer?  ;) (Oh lets start a wild rumor ;) :D )
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:32:14 am by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 10:10:01 am »
Phyl -

from the bottom of my heart, I have to thank you for being such a great advocate for people with acoustic neuromas.

As you know, I recently made a very tough decision in my AN Journey and I've doubted myself and my decision ever since I made it.

But listening to you just now made me realize that I made the very best decision I could have made and I'm very proud to join you on this advocacy journey.

Thanks for all you do.  As Patrick said, you're a natural on camera and you look great; truly.

Today, even more than other days, I'm proud to say I know you.  Those of us with ANs are lucky to have you.

Keep up the great work.  You rawk!  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 10:56:27 am »
GREAT job, Phyl!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

tenai98

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 11:47:58 am »
Awesome job Phyl.
And the flowers ( of what we could see) look great as well.
And Phyl, ma dear, its whats inside that counts, not the outside
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

moe

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:21 pm »
WAY COOL, PHYL!
Wow, you are a natural in front of the camera, you didn't even need teleprompters!
I was so touched by this video. What a great thread for those looking at CK- Invaluable :)
Thanks for sharing about your sister. This truly is an inspirational video.
Thanks again for sharing.
Goosebumps  :) I got goosebumps :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Mickey

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:15 pm »
Phly, that was very moving! If I was to do anything CK would this will be at top of my list. Thankyou very much for all you have been to so many people here. Mickey

Jackie

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »
Dearest Phyl,

How eloquent you are on You Tube and what a wonderful dynamic message!!! Thank-you for your inspiration and dedication to all of us!
Your honesty and sincerity comes across so well! So glad you had great results and I pray that others will also!
Blessings to you,
Jackie from Beaverton
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 02:28:10 pm »
Phyl ~

Well done!  You look fine and delivered a cogent message that will surely help those contemplating Cyberknife treatment.

So, when do you get your own TV talk show?  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 03:34:55 pm »
So, when do you get your own TV talk show?  ;)

There already is a Dr. Phil Talk Show :)

Thanks all for the kind words.  For those that know me well.... well, it was just me being me (for BoSox fans, much like Manny being Manny but not as outrageous!)

My hope in doing this video is to help others along the way in their AN journey, regardless of what decision choice is made (as everyone here knows, I cheer on everyone!).

Jan, as a side note to you.... well, I think you know how I feel, esp. about what you wrote... and I am VERY blessed as well to have you (and so many others) along side as well!  :-* You rawk as well!  ;) :-*

Thanks again all...

Phyl

cindyj

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 08:36:21 pm »
Wow, we know a YouTube Star!  Really a great job, Phyl - I'm not surprised a bit that you could do so well in front of a camera.  You always do us and the ANA proud - thanks!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings