Author Topic: when crickets chrip wayyyyyyyyy too loud!  (Read 6981 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
when crickets chrip wayyyyyyyyy too loud!
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:53:46 am »
Ok, out of your whole, dang AN experience (or thus far), what is the wackiest or wildest symptom/issue you have run into?

Dang crickets in my ears are chirping so darn loud, I think my boss in the next office can hear them too! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: when crickets chrip wayyyyyyyyy too loud!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 12:01:01 pm »
I think mine are calling yours Phyl, because they are REALLY loud this last week.  Changing tone and pitch on occasion too.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:43:05 pm »
Heck I have a whole list of wild symptoms...the worse thing I've been told so far is

NO CHOCOLATE ALLOWED RIGHT NOWwhich totally tops off my already crappy existence!

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 12:59:21 pm »
Why no chocolate???? I lived for my M&M's that my best friend sent me after my surgery.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 01:03:22 pm »
HEY!

I have a great idea!!  Why don't I sic my treefrogs on your crickets??!!!  We can kill two annoyances with one stone?

Also maybe you should get an Ipod and wear it at work to drown 'em out?  Drown out all the annoying co-workers, too?

I don't know what I'd do in an office setting--I'd probably go insane (insaner!) I blast my Radio Margaritaville all day long in the studio to drown 'em out  And when I'm just hanging out, I blast something else.  Poor Dr. Love is always complainin' about the TV bein' too loud.

In the last issue of the HEI magazine, I saw an add for "TV Ears" that allow you to privately hear the TV or stereo volume louder than your roomate--it says it even works in a theater--which I have a hard time with.  I went to see "Syriana" and missed half the dialog cuz of the treefrogs.  Not only is the SSD annoying, but it's more than just being deaf in one ear, it's the dang frogs, crickets and the occaisional 747--you haven't got that one yet, Phyll, and I hope you don't get it!  Hope, also that your symptoms subside soon!

Hugs and Kissies, :-*

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 02:39:39 pm »
Deb have you tried the headphones the theater offers now?  I have a friend who can't watch a movie without them as she's hard of hearing in both ears from heavy metal head thumping groupie music.  I know for me I get annoyed but dont' want anything on my head right now..still too sensitive!

No choccie due to the speech problem I'm having..said my throat is aggravated which he thinks is due to acid reflux so no chocolate, no soda, no spicy foods, no if I cant' remember I don't have to obey right?  LOL  I know there were 4 things.  Oh well...I'm too tired and distressed to remember. 

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 04:44:03 pm »
Ah, Batty that sucks so bad!!!  I sorry!!!  I would not be happy!!!!!!!

Deb, I work in an office and am using the noise cancellation headphones when the ambient noise starts to get loud enough to make the tinnitus louder.  It helps.  Hope it's not worse after surgery.

Have seen the headphones you can rent in movie theaters.  Good plan, but right now it's loud enough that I can hear plenty well enough.  I order the other half to sit on my deaf side though, he has a penchant for popcorn and if he sits next to my good ear, I can't hear anything!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 04:52:17 pm »
Us wenches needs ter make up a name fer that other half o' Gennysmom's!  Yer sez he's a cop?  Hmmm. any suggestions, wenches? Officer Love?  Cop- on -Top?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Capt Deb 8)

Battyp

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 05:54:30 pm »
Cuffed one?

luv2teachsped

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 06:13:35 pm »
Phyl:  After my Translab surgery, certian voices sounded to me like "mickey mouse", it was really wierd, besides a constant pounding like someone walking on my roof!   On my first visit to my Dr. I asked him about the people walking on my roof and the "mickey Mouse Voices" he gave me the strangest look, shook his head as if to say"lady, you need another kind of Doctor!".  I'm thinking the "mickey Mouse Voices" were due to the Vicodin??? Who knowa??   :Dluv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 06:34:29 pm »
Deb have you tried the headphones the theater offers now?  I have a friend who can't watch a movie without them as she's hard of hearing in both ears from heavy metal head thumping groupie music.  I know for me I get annoyed but dont' want anything on my head right now..still too sensitive!

No choccie due to the speech problem I'm having..said my throat is aggravated which he thinks is due to acid reflux so no chocolate, no soda, no spicy foods, no if I cant' remember I don't have to obey right?  LOL  I know there were 4 things.  Oh well...I'm too tired and distressed to remember. 

OOO Batty--sodas are the worst thing ya can put in your body!!  They contain phosphoric acid--which is an industrial solvent and can eat a hole in your stomach.  Also they have high fructose corn syrup--which makes you fat!  Also they have a ton of sodium, which makes you retain water.  The diet ones aren't that much better, even have more sodium.

I make a great iced tea from 2 raspberry zinger teabags and 2 green teabags, or the raspberry zinger and 2 red zingers. I sweeten it with an artificial sweetener called "stevia" which is totally natural and available at the health food store. No soda for you!! EVER!!

*  steps down from soapbox  *

Capt Deb

Battyp

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 07:26:23 pm »
I'v tried stevia and it was actually too sweet for me  LOL 

I'm on nothing but water and milk right now, no tea, which is mainly because the other day I burnt tea trying to make decaf ice tea  lol  Forgot I was making it.  I only had one diet soda a day due to the diabetes which is gone but....still having a lot of problems.

matti

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »
The weirdest thing thus far, would have to be the sound of a helicopter that I get every few months, in place of the tinnitus. The longest it has lasted is 4 days. It does break the monotony of the constant buzzing.  :D

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 08:31:03 pm »
Yeah I like when it changes frequency...gives you a little break from the monotony!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 08:35:45 pm »
Hey Batty,

Sorry to hear about your reflux problem (one more to your rotten list), my wife has burnt her osophegus in the past and it is very sensitve as well. She takes Losec (wonder drug) which zaps the reflux. Its a great drug that has no side effects that we can see.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz