Author Topic: doc wants better mri  (Read 4306 times)

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
doc wants better mri
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:26:22 pm »
My Christmas gift this year was a 1.7cm RIGHT tumor. My MRI was forwarded to HEI. Long story short, the doctor wants a higher resolution MRI done because he sees "something" in the LEFT ear. I did not get to talk to the doctor because I was not home. The higher resolution and "fine cut"  pages will reveal what he is looking at. Could this be another tumor, or something else?

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: doc wants better mri
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:39:17 pm »
James ~

Although it could be another AN, it could also be 'something else' because there are a variety of growths that can emerge within the ear.  Frankly, until and unless a second 'higher resolution' MRI clearly shows another AN, I wouldn't buy trouble.  Do you have cause for concern?  Of course.  However, this could easily turn out to be a false alarm and the doctor is just being exceedingly thorough, which is not a bad thing.  Better to know what you have - whatever it is - rather than have it overlooked now and pay the consequences, later.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.