Author Topic: Pre Surgery Balance Exercises  (Read 2566 times)

opp2

Pre Surgery Balance Exercises
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:24:03 am »
When I met with Dr. Westerberg he told me to start doing balance exercises now to promote faster recovery after surgery.  I have a Wii and for the past three days have been using it. I really find it quite entertaining. Some exercises like the Tree I fall all over the place. I can't seem to keep my raised foot in the proper position. It keeps slipping on my yoga pants. Then today I unlocked this one the knee raise and flex or some such thing. The Wii lady told me my balance is very poor on the left. I got quite a kick out of that.

I am going to spend some time trying to figure out how to string poses together later because right now I end up waiting between poses for the results and resetting and all that...

Just thought I'd share. My vestibular testing Jan 14th showed no response on the left (tumour)side.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.